jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What sets off the duplicate content filter?

1. americababy profile image61
    americababyposted 6 years ago

What sets off the duplicate content filter?

Let's say I am writing an article about starting a business selling boxes.  Let's also say that I want to include a section in that article about business structure.(LLC vs. Coporation etc).  If that is standard information that you want to include in most Hubs about business, is that acceptable?  How does the duplicate content filter work?

2. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

Repeat phrases are screened by a program. Then there is a threshold level.

3. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 6 years ago

The duplicate content filter detects... (wait for it)... Duplicated content.

4. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 6 years ago

I tried to write a part two to a very important hub in my eyes and because it had some of the same content, which naturally it would, it was called duplicate and taken down. As I was doing this research I came across a hub here at hubpages  that had been her over two years that was a duplicate of material I read online almost word for word and it had not been shut down in all this time and I am sure still isn't, so it is pretty hard to give a real answer.

5. LuisEGonzalez profile image86
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

Automatic filters will flag a hub as duplicate if it detects a certain percentage of words found on another site, not just any words or at random, but that follow a pattern such as on a paragraph. You can contact staff and deal directly with them. Sometimes they will allow the hub to be published or in your case republished.