jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Instead of going up, my page views are going steadily down. What's up?

1. DougBerry profile image81
    DougBerryposted 6 years ago

Instead of going up, my page views are going steadily down.  What's up?

It seems the more hubs I publish, the less hits per hub I get.  It's starting to drive me insane.  Ok, Insaner.  I just invented that word.  I am that good.  Yay, me!

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Are you backlinking them at all?

I looked at the following hub:

http://dougberry.hubpages.com/hub/5-Stu … -Car-Names

What I think you need to do is break those capsules up.  If those are are individual picture capsules instead of just one big one - then you need to title the capsules with the name of the cars.

If it's one big capsule....then I'd definitely change that to each picture being it's own unique capsule.

I also think that you could really benefit from submitting one of your hubs to the "Extreme Hub Makeover" forum - so that you can learn some on page SEO basics.

I had the exact same thing told to me a long time ago - and I've benefited more from being asked to submit one of my hubs there than I could ever get around to telling you.

3. giocatore profile image86
    giocatoreposted 6 years ago

I struggle constantly to keep the numbers up. I think that with newer members such as you and me, everyone looks at the new story and that's it. Theoretically, older stuff (at least great stuff such as you and I put out) should get stronger after we've been doing this for a while. That reminds me, I need to backlink the hub I just put up.

4. claudiafox profile image75
    claudiafoxposted 6 years ago

Hello DougBerry
    I think the holidays have ended and folks have back to work.
    I see a rise in use of work-reference hubs.   
    Also I find use of Title-Tuner and RSS create rises.

5. Susana S profile image97
    Susana Sposted 6 years ago

Wesman's advice is good. In addition to what he's said, try to be patient smile You'll usually get quite a chunk of traffic from Hubpages users initially after publishing, you might even get search engine traffic due to the newness factor. Then hubpages traffic trickles off and your initial search engine boost usually diminishes also. It can take months for articles to really get a foothold in the search results and start sending regular traffic (though it will depend how competitive the particular niche is).

Use the time to improve your hubs, learn basic onpage SEO and create a few quality inbound links. Look at your competitors pages (the first 10 results on google for your main keyphrase) and make sure your page is better and more informative.

6. starstream profile image78
    starstreamposted 6 years ago

I think it is an up and down beginning here.  Traffic surges and swells and the tide does recede too.  I am dedicated to writing more hubs and staying relatively calm while I too WAIT.  It is quite a journey.

7. putnut profile image79
    putnutposted 6 years ago

I don't have the answer, I share the problem. Some initial interest from other hubbers, then a wane and it dies, with very little cashflow. with the internet so saturated with content, how can one get noticed out there? my hubs all seem to have pretty high scores (most above 70) also, a dumb question around here I guess, but how does one backlink?