jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Is there a way to know who has unfollowed you?

1. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

Is there a way to know who has unfollowed you?

2. rlaha profile image70
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

Hi.  I haven't found that out yet, but if you do find out, please keep me posted.  That is a great question!

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Followers are free to follow or un-follow as they wish, but you only get announcements of new followers.  People who choose to stop following are allowed to leave quietly.

4. awordlover profile image82
    awordloverposted 6 years ago

Since I only have 39 followers, it is fairly easy for me to see who has unfollowed me.  I update the list every Monday. So far so good. LOL  But in the beginning, it wasn't like that. I had long periods (months) when I did not write and followers gave up. I never wrote to ask why, I would never do that anyway.  But I pretty much knew why -- if you don't give them something to visit you for, they stop coming.  I wouldn't concern myself with the "WHO" part but would concern myself with "self reflection" and question myself "what can I write of interest to gain them back or pick up new followers?"

5. cheaptoys profile image59
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

i am not sure but why would you want to know?

6. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image96
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 6 years ago

I think it's better to have our 'unfollowers' kept private.  I can see many reasons why someone would unfollow a Hubber; maybe their themes weren't as related to your life as you thought they were. Or maybe life has gotten busy so you 'clean house' now and then and unfollow a few people. I don't see it as an insult or a negative thing.

7. WD Curry 111 profile image61
    WD Curry 111posted 6 years ago

Take a look at your followers and see who is missing. That is the no good traitor.

8. zanaworld profile image66
    zanaworldposted 6 years ago

I am glad that there is no announcements on people whom you UNFOLLOW...

that is good.

9. colpolbear profile image94
    colpolbearposted 6 years ago

Yes.  Keep personal records of all of your followers and periodically check them xD!  That would certainly be the only way I can think of.  You might also be able to create some sort of program.....but that just sounds difficult and totally unnecessary.  I believe that HubPages doesn't want you to know so that there isn't any extra controversy.  My personal suggestion would be to not worry about it and instead just focus on gaining new followers.

10. tyra marieza profile image60
    tyra mariezaposted 6 years ago

I think that because of other social sites like twitter, when someone unfollows you, you just instinctively want to know who. I too was wondering this briefly because I know of individuals on twitter who follow people just to get them to follow back. Then, they randomly unfollow people hoping those unfollowed won't notice. This habit allows them to have a higher followed number than following number. Here, though, your only noted by how many people follow you.
    Whew, so... with that said. I guess us fellow wanderers will just have to change our way of thinking when it comes to the following thing here on hubpages. And doesn't a change of thought matter more than the person who stopped reading your hubs?

working