jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What does the 6+ mean just to the left of my screen name?

1. liftandsoar profile image81
    liftandsoarposted 6 years ago

What does the 6+ mean just to the left of my screen name?

Just to the left of my screen name above is a green box with the number 6+.  What is it?

2. RighterOne profile image61
    RighterOneposted 6 years ago

That's like the Facebook status update indicator. It means 6 new, notable events have taken place since you last loaded from the Hubpages domain. Click on it, and the site will show you a drop-down list of what they are. You can then click on any one of them to go directly to it, and the counter will automatically reset to zero.

3. profile image0
    writeronlineposted 6 years ago

It's a notification of recent activity / feedback on your account. Put your cursor on the number (6+ is the number of items currently shown, another time it may say 1, or 3, whatever), and a dialog panel drops down. Kind of a 'shorthand' version of your feed..

HP are trialling it on a random 10% of hubbers, prior to whole of site launch. You (like me) got lucky!

4. rajan jolly profile image88
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

It is the number of new notifications you have received about the hub, the questions, answers etc that you are following. This is a recent addtion and a welcome one as one doesn't need to go to the email or the profile to see what one is following to check back.
    All you have to do is to click on this button once and from the drop down menu you can go directly to the notification you want to read.

5. liftandsoar profile image81
    liftandsoarposted 6 years ago

Thanks,  It just went to zero.  Hey this is cool!

6. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image96
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 6 years ago

As mentioned already - they're notifications of activity (either your account or perhaps someone you follow). It's a convenient way to see what's going on.

7. CloudExplorer profile image79
    CloudExplorerposted 6 years ago

I like to think of it as the Bat signal, and we all know what that is, you know back in the days when Gotham was in trouble, and none other than Batman, and robin was called in to save the city.
    Well this new notification thingy alerts us to when a comment or any form of hubtivity is in action, and focuses on the past locations you've chosen to follow mostly, because each time I check it, it shows something I've communicated on long long ago, like some old questions, hubs I've already commented on, and someone new leaves a comment, and other interactions here on hubpages.

Just another way to help us hub authors to get feedback I guess, and it appears to focus on the hottest hub activities as well & no matter how old it was released to the community here.