jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Have you ever started a new hub and not completed it? Why?

1. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

Have you ever started a new hub and not completed it? Why?

2. Dale Hyde profile image87
    Dale Hydeposted 6 years ago

Not yet. I have one unpublished which I will publish when I am done working on it. At any given time I will have one sitting there unpublished, but it does get published.

3. MarleneB profile image98
    MarleneBposted 6 years ago

It's sad, but yes. I have started a hub or two and not completed it. The reason is because I get excited about writing a particular hub and then once I start the research I become so overwhelmed that I put it down, thinking I'll come back to it.

4. LawrenceS profile image75
    LawrenceSposted 6 years ago

Yes, but it is because it is an important issue to me and I want to make sure that everything is correct before publishing it.

5. Adams-ebooks profile image67
    Adams-ebooksposted 6 years ago

I have a few Hubs saved as drafts as they were ideas which i do not want to forget about so i gather the pictures and pick my layout, leaving the content for when i have the time to finish correctly.

6. BlissfulWriter profile image65
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

Yes, all the time.  Right now I have about 24 unpublished, partially written Hubs.  This is because I start one every time I have a idea for one. But I don't have time to complete it, or it does not have sufficient words to be at least 500 words long.  So I put it in draft mode until I can put more words into it.

7. imatellmuva profile image79
    imatellmuvaposted 6 years ago

Yes I have. I have two in my word document. While I had what I thought was sufficient material to run with...I would find that I ran out of steam with it. I left the articles (saved) as is, in the event I have a thought or the inspiration to complete them.

8. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

Yes! LOL.

I get an idea then get a better idea and lose interest in the old idea. I write with my heart and  instincts and there has to be that special something that makes me want to write on a particular topic. If I don't feel it I can't write it. So when that feeing goes I just delete it.  Like the time I started writing about "Man boobs" and "Why I don't like Christopher Columbus".

9. WD Curry 111 profile image60
    WD Curry 111posted 6 years ago

Yes. I have had a couple. One I didn't finish because it was below par . . . it seemed like a good idea until I saw it written out. The other one had copy that I decided to keep in the vault for publishing in print ($).

10. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image96
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 6 years ago

Not so far, because I'm new here, but I've had unfinished projects in the past. Sometimes they come back to life after I've thought about it for a while, so all is not lost.  I've also converted unfinished ideas into other projects, simply by noticing a new twist they can take.

As mentioned above, I've started hubs and let them sit a bit while gathering the info for completion, but since they eventually get finished, I didn't count that.

11. soconfident profile image83
    soconfidentposted 6 years ago

Yes I have, because of writer's block. I just had a hub that I was working on and stop and I just completed yesterday

12. Capedium profile image75
    Capediumposted 6 years ago

Several times, for me, I write poet, when I don't have a muse or am tired and my mind is not calm.. It doesn't flow for me and so I quit

working