jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Clipart picture: do I need to write the source?

1. Robie Benve profile image99
    Robie Benveposted 6 years ago

Clipart picture: do I need to write the source?

If I get pictures for my hubs from Word clipart, what should I write as source?

2. bizwin profile image60
    bizwinposted 6 years ago

If you check the Learning Centre resources you will read that all sources of pictures or images should be identified on your hubs except the pictures you own. I think clipart pictures are not exceptions as they belong to other people.

3. Bretsuki profile image79
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

The saying to remember is "When in doubt, Cite."

Citing any source can save you a lot of bother. Not citing a source can lead you into court.

Clip-Art is  no different, it is someone else's intellectual material so it is good to cite it.

Cite it as from Word, give the URL if it is a web based clip-art source, if there is no named person as originator then give Clip-Art as the originator.

4. homesteadbound profile image91
    homesteadboundposted 6 years ago

I have always cited my clipart pictures. I think it is best practice to site all pictures. I even site my own. It is easier to do them all. If the rules were to change stating that all should be cited so there was no doubt as to the ownership of the pics, it would be time consuming to have to go back and check and change them all.

working