jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are some good social bookmarking sites that I should use to help me get tra

1. Josh Lakie profile image53
    Josh Lakieposted 6 years ago

What are some good social bookmarking sites that I should use to help me get traffic to my hubs?

2. emdi profile image74
    emdiposted 6 years ago

If you really want to increase your traffic, better don't go for bookmarking sites. Try to get traffic organically. Google is not that stupid to count all the back links from social bookmarking sites.

I have written a hub about how I got back my lost traffic, check it out if you like to increase your traffic.

3. GinnyLee profile image91
    GinnyLeeposted 6 years ago

I highly recommend www.pinterest.com.  I wrote a hub about the tips and tricks of using the site:  http://ginnylee.hubpages.com/hub/Creati … -Pinterest  - For hubs that target a female demographic and have exceptionally cute hubs, this visual bookmarking site can really do well for you.  It is one of my top sources of views and it gives you back links as well. 

The key to this site is to look and see what is popular and trending and capitalize on adorable pictures that "tell the story" of your hub.

4. profile image0
    paxwillposted 6 years ago

StumbleUpon will bring more eyes to your site, but visitors who come from SU tend not to stay on a page very long, so the quality of the traffic won't be as good.  You can post your image-rich articles to Pinterest, but you need to be active on the site to get others to re-pin your content.  Another way to build backlinks quickly is to answer questions on Yahoo Answers and include a link back to your hub as a resource. 

The best way to get traffic is to do a lot of on page SEO that makes your hubs rank higher in the serps.  Make your titles unique but include a keyword or two.  Use keywords and their synonyms within your article and subheadings. And most important, be patient.  The age of a page affects traffic.

One thing to avoid is spamming FB, Twitter, Digg, etc.  Mass-posting links there really won't bring a lot of traffic to your site.

5. Dale Hyde profile image82
    Dale Hydeposted 6 years ago

I have never used social bookmarking sites.  I was told that it would be a waste of time. However, others disagree with what I was told.  There are many ways to increase views, however the amount of views is not as important as the source.  In other words, I would like a few viewers who would click on the ads out of interest, versus a large amount of simple page views.  I Tweet my hubs, back link them on two of my other sites as well as a Pagan News site that I have.  I use Google Webmaster tools under Diagnostics, Fetch as Googlebot, to have my new hubs indexed rather quickly with Google.