jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How to brainstorm for ideas to write a hub?

1. letterme profile image77
    lettermeposted 6 years ago

How to brainstorm for ideas to write a hub?

2. leroy64 profile image83
    leroy64posted 6 years ago

You could try this:

Cut off the computer.

Get a pad of paper and a pencil.

For the next 10 minutes write down every idea, no matter how silly or stupid.   Don't think, just write.

Wait an hour and read the list again.  You will surprise yourself.

3. mbyL profile image82
    mbyLposted 6 years ago

If you already have some hubs you can do one with a related topic. Otherwise you can also think of you hobbies and maybe you'll get then some ideas. Or maybe you consider to think back to your time as a student and make a hub on your former favorite subject or simply something what interested you. I hope this helps.

4. starstream profile image78
    starstreamposted 6 years ago

Go out to a coffee shop and see what people are doing, or talking about.  It will stimulate your senses to take your note pad to a new environment.  Take a long walk first and just enjoy the quiet then you may be filled with all kinds of ideas.  Pressing, pushing the mind at certain times isn't very productive.  Creativity should flow.  You just have to be ready to record it.

5. John MacNab profile image84
    John MacNabposted 6 years ago

Your question got me thinking letterme, so I stopped what I was doing (nothing) and counted the number of hubs I have in my 'hub draft' folder - 58.   Not only that, a few of these drafts will expand into dozens and dozens of hubs.  Do what leroy64 suggests - lately I have taken to keeping a few post-it notes and a pencil beside me when I'm watching TV.  The ideas waft through your mind so quickly that it is imperative to jot them down.

mbyL and starstream have the right ideas as well.  Take notes regarding your hobbies and remember that although you may think your daily life is boring, millions of people may consider it fascinating.

6. LuisEGonzalez profile image88
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

Another way is to sign up for Google Alerts. They will email you daily happenings about anything that relates to your chosen topic. For example I get daily updates about everything that is photography related and it usually starts my ideas flowing.