jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Did a new Panda update affect your traffic? It apparently did mine.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image95
    Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years ago

Did a new Panda update affect your traffic? It apparently did mine.

I had noticed a severe drop in traffic all week, not that I ever had that much, but I mean it was 0's all the way down. Then I was listening to the radio today and they were talking about a recent Panda update that ranks sites down for too much advertising. I just changed the setting on all my hubs to moderate or low advertising instead of the default High setting. I have all red arrows pointing up now after two hours. My traffic is 3x what it was.

2. Jessi10 profile image76
    Jessi10posted 6 years ago

I didnt know you could change that. How did you change the setting on your hubs?
    My traffic didnt go down, in fact, it shot up! I almost didnt believe it.

At first I only had 100 views every other hub, now its well into the thousands a day.
    Many writers did experience a change in their traffic, but as soon as they change their articles a bit, their traffic increased a lot.

3. chuckbl profile image81
    chuckblposted 6 years ago

I'd be interested to know the answer to this too. Sherry, how many adverts did you have and what did you decrease it too to get the surge in traffic?

4. Sherry Hewins profile image95
    Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years ago

Open a hub to edit it, click "settings" in the column to the right of the hub. Change ad level to low, or medium.

5. Rochelle Frank profile image96
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

You can change the settings, but the Terms of Service include this:
    "What does commercial mean?
    Commercial Hubs are required to have an ad level setting of High. A Hub is considered to be commercial if it meets any of these conditions:
        * it is monetized through a non-HubPages affiliate mechanism
        * it contains links to other commercial sites
        * it promotes a for-profit business"

So if you want to lower the setting, make sure you are doing it under the right conditions.

1. AlexK2009 profile image93
      AlexK2009posted 5 years agoin reply to this

It look almost impossible to avoid  meeting at least one of these conditions. Which means we are  probably screwed.

6. Barbara Kay profile image90
    Barbara Kayposted 6 years ago

I heard the same thing about Google and worried that we do have a lot of ads on our hubs. I'm going to go ahead and try it with just a few hubs and see what happens. My traffic hasn't gone down, but the Google ads I'm getting don't match the subject matter at all right now.