jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you win the Hub of the Day spot?

1. rlaha profile image69
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

How do you win the Hub of the Day spot?

I am just curious to know from the people who have won it. I wonder what I need to do differently to entice the Hubpages staff to pick one of my hubs for it?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

There's no real "formula" for it. Just write the best quality Hub that you can, have some attractive photos or other "extras" embedded in it and hope for the best.

3. Adamowen profile image80
    Adamowenposted 6 years ago

As stated above quality, that's it. If you produce quality work and put the time in, well eventually people will see your work and you will get the praise that you deserve.

4. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years ago

you will never win Hub of the Day by trying. Just be yourself, write what you love, and some morning, when you least expect it, you will sign in to HubPages and see your hub featured. It happened to me, it can happen to you. Good luck!

5. giocatore profile image86
    giocatoreposted 6 years ago

I won it just a couple of days ago and was totally surprised. I can't say what the judges look for, but I try really hard to have no grammatical or spelling errors, and I try (when I'm not writing a humor hub) to do good research. I edit myself, go through the story a few times and then continue to tweak and fix things after I publish. Even with all that, someone commented about a stupid error I'd made on my poll categories on my HOTD! It's really hard to self-edit. They say it's best to use original photos, but I usually find mine on the internet.