jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

So many unedited hubs in hub hopping! Am I doing the right thing clicking "down"

1. Robie Benve profile image99
    Robie Benveposted 6 years ago

So many unedited hubs in hub hopping! Am I doing the right thing clicking "down"?

When hub hopping, so many hubs are not capitalized, have draft sentences in them, or grammar totally off... Don't hubbers know that they can save drafts and edit later?
    I usually click "down".
    Is this the correct procedure?

2. cardelean profile image93
    cardeleanposted 6 years ago

Yep and you can also flag them if they are of substandard quality.

3. Healthy Pursuits profile image91
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 6 years ago

One way to look at it - a bad hub reflects on all of us. If it's a stinker, I vote it down without feeling bad about it. I think that a hub that has been published without preview before publishing and that still needs a lot of editing is a stinker. I put a lot of time and effort into each hub I write. I expect that other hubbers will show the same care.

Sometimes people make errors that aren't due to sloppiness, but are due to simply not knowing how to write that well. In that case, I consider whether or not they have something to say. If they don't, I vote the hub down. If they do, I copy the hub, and correct the errors for them. Then I email the corrected version to them. Then I suggest that they have someone else review their hubs before they publish them. I've only done that a few times but feel that, for a writer that could become better with help and practice, it's better than voting them down.

4. saitam profile image81
    saitamposted 6 years ago

I believe it is the correct procedure, it is the action of the first hubbers that vote down that may help the hub writer to understand it should make an effort to write a better hub, to increase its hubscore.
    It is also that feedback that helps distinguish good hubs from bad hubs for the writer and the readers.

Feedback however should not just be clicking a button, a critical review is also helpful, so everyone can write better and get better hubs.

5. Express10 profile image90
    Express10posted 6 years ago

I think that you are doing the right thing. Thumbs up or down is another way of providing feedback. I have seen many unedited hubs where the sole purpose is to push an item or service that they stand to benefit from. These have been the worst offenders that I've seen.

6. giocatore profile image85
    giocatoreposted 6 years ago

People who don't write well can use their WP software to check spelling and grammar. I'm pretty good at spelling and I still check my work. Others can't do that?

7. vocalcoach profile image100
    vocalcoachposted 6 years ago

With so much available to us on the internet and hubpages in the way of spell check and correct grammar, there is no excuse for submitting unedited hubs.

I vote them down. I would be embarrassed to put my name on some of the hubs I find as I'm hub hopping. And I hate hubs that are purely self promotional!

In my opinion, you are doing a service to both hubpages and the writer by votinh down.