jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If a hub has $$$$ for revenue potential, what is the reason for not achieving re

1. LauraGSpeaks profile image96
    LauraGSpeaksposted 5 years ago

If a hub has $$$$ for revenue potential, what is the reason for not achieving revenue?

For example, my hub on Wonderworks http://lauragspeaks.hubpages.com/hub/Wo … Family-Fun uses keywords but is not gettgin any outside traffic.  I do have a couple backlinks going, but can't figure out what else to do.  Any ideas?

2. donnaisabella profile image81
    donnaisabellaposted 5 years ago

Are you micro managing your hubs? I do not know how people do that and I guess it may help but such things could drive me crazy.

3. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Most people blog their newest hubs on their own blogs or on other blogs. Travel forums that allow backlinking, and rewriting it on other sites may be a good start.
    Also us Pingomatic, stumbleupon,facebook.etc.

4. WD Curry 111 profile image61
    WD Curry 111posted 5 years ago

Here's the deal. You have to get traffic going through. SEO is all guess work, just like putting out a new TV show. The formula doesn't always work. In economics, it is called "Paradoxal Thrift". In order to get traffic around here, you need to send that hub all over the place. Your own blog is just one place, and it is not the key. You have to tweeter it, Facebook it (post it on someone's wall who has 50,000 followers), and on. There is even software you can get to help you with it. There must be at least 10,000 hubs on the subject.
    Hint: 50,000 visits will get you $100 according to some of the figures I have seen. Of course you will make more if people are clicking your ads and buying Amazon and eBay products. I hardly make any money here, but it is a good place to start when establishing a web presence . . . maybe the best. I am working other angles, and if they pay off I will do a hub about it.

5. Robie Benve profile image99
    Robie Benveposted 5 years ago

Laura, I'm quite new to HP, and so I see are you.
    My understanding is that you need to give the search engines time to rank your pages up.
    I have a blog and it took a year before it started getting Google referrals. Now most of my blog visits are from Google.
    Looking at the keywords used to find me, I get a clue of what kind of audience reaches me most. That helps when setting up new tags and keywords, to show up on the correct searches.
    However, if people don't click on the ads I don't think we'll make much money on HP, so try to use Amazon and EBay capsules to your best advantage, trying to make the reader click on them.
    Good luck.

6. Pamela N Red profile image86
    Pamela N Redposted 5 years ago

Having a great story, with a popular topic and using the best keywords is a big part of it but marketing is also crucial.

There is so much competition out there we have to make sure our audience is large to get our stories noticed. Use sites like Redgage, Digg, StumbleUpon as well as any social networking sites you frequent like Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest.

It's an ongoing job for us to keep our work published and noticed. I wish I could just write and not worry about advertising but unfortunately we have to be a salesman as well as journalist these days.

7. LauraGSpeaks profile image96
    LauraGSpeaksposted 5 years ago

Thank you WD Curry 111, Robie Benvue and Pamela N Red for all of your good suggestions and insight.

8. hillymillydee profile image61
    hillymillydeeposted 5 years ago

Hi Laura,

I just checked your hub and yes you are in the first page of Googles, in the 20th line.

It happens to me too, it is by chance that people will scroll down more and click our hubs. If we are in the third to fifth line it is  surer. So maybe you must wait a little time.

But I notice you have few hubs maybe, just keep on adding because people's need vary and are seasonal. Someday the hub you mentioned will work  when lots of people will be looking for vacation destination.

If you just increase also your hubs so if your other hubs are not earning the others will.

working