jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Why do people ask questions?

1. cloverleaffarm profile image75
    cloverleaffarmposted 6 years ago

Why do people ask questions?

Unless it is an opinion question, or a "would you" question, why does one ask a question that they can easily search for online? You have the world at your fingertips, so why not use it.

2. Rock_nj profile image93
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

I hear what you are saying.  Google, Yahoo, and Bing are great places to find answers to just about every question one could ask.  However, I sometimes ask questions via HubPages to see the range of answers I receive.  It can be interesting to read a variety of opinions, and sometimes you even learn something that you may have missed if you had looked for the answer via a search engine.

3. medicinefuture profile image60
    medicinefutureposted 6 years ago

Perhaps may be out of curiosity There is element of curiosity in human nature to explore and enquire.

4. rlaha profile image70
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

I think sometimes people want to learn from others as it seems to be more human than learning something from Google or other search engines online.  That's a great question though.

5. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Because they want answers from people who can do the research for them.

6. kayyluh profile image77
    kayyluhposted 6 years ago

Maybe they feel they trust hubpages responses more than random people like the ones on yahoo or google. I would rather ask a question on here because I would get true answers because I trust the responses on hubpages. Also they could ask a question on here just to get more points of view and opinions.

7. Gemini Fox profile image89
    Gemini Foxposted 6 years ago

1. Because there is a contest going on right now regarding asking and answering (possibly in the form of a hub) questions.
    2. It gives others ideas for hub topics that you yourself may not want to write about but someone else might.
    3.  If you ask (and answer) enough questions, you get a cute little icon.   smile
    4.  Get to know other hubbers.

8. Dale Hyde profile image87
    Dale Hydeposted 6 years ago

It raises the Hubber's score, bottom line, the same as answering the questions. smile

9. jacqui2011 profile image84
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

Most of the questions that I have asked here on Hubpages is relating to a hub that I am in the process of writing. I like to get a "real" feel of how people view something rather than using the search engines for figures etc. Here in hubpages, hubbers generally give an honest answer/opinion and go into detail, which you don't often get from a search engine.

working