jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does your profile score really matter?

1. breastpumpreviews profile image80
    breastpumpreviewsposted 6 years ago

Does your profile score really matter?

2. Ironman1992 profile image60
    Ironman1992posted 6 years ago

I think it would matter to some degree, because the profile score speaks about the hubber. If a hubber's score is low, then they are either new to the HubPages, have not written many hubs, or are writing very low quality hubs. If someone writes an interesting hub, and there profile score is low, I'll still read it, though.

3. Becky Katz profile image82
    Becky Katzposted 6 years ago

Your profile score is a combination of an average of your hubs, and the amount of time and energy that you spend in the hubpages community. The top hubbers usually spend time answering questions, hubhopping, and participating in forums. These things will all add to your profile score.
    To Google, it really does not matter. To the hubpages community, some say yes, and some no. It is a matter of opinion. The ones with 100 profile scores are usually the top hubbers though. I have also seen hubbers whose profile scores were very high and they had not written a single hub.

4. networmed profile image60
    networmedposted 6 years ago

I think it is, as this is the reflection of all the hubs you have, the quality and how engaging are they.

5. profile image0
    Emerald Strachanposted 6 years ago

In addition to what the other answers stated:

Your profile score does matter because based on the HP algorithm and system, any profile score under 75 loses all their links which automatically becomes no follow. So in the eyes of both Google and HP your profile score does matter because if Google bots realize that your links are no-follow your hubs will have very low indexing. So yes it does matter. I hope that explanation was clear...I confuse myself sometimes....lol

6. freemarketingnow profile image56
    freemarketingnowposted 6 years ago

Yes, I think you want to be at 75 or above. This does something to the links in your hubs that is good for how search engines prioritize their search results.

Closed to reply