jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Is Hub Pages about making money or sharing information?

1. somethgblue profile image88
    somethgblueposted 6 years ago

Is Hub Pages about making money or sharing information?

Is writing Hub articles really about making money or is it a chance to share information and write, a passion that many people share. To me it is about the passion to freely express oneself while sharing information, ideas and concepts. Yes, I would like to make some money while doing but it won't break me if I don't. I'd like to know what my fellow hub writers think about my question . . .

2. LaThing profile image73
    LaThingposted 6 years ago

I would say it's both. And then it would depend upon everyone's individual needs. At the moment I am doing it for fun, smile But eventually, I would like to see some earnings coming for it.

3. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Hub pages is about having a good laugh when I see some of the abysmal English language used when some people ask questions.

1. somethgblue profile image88
      somethgblueposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Or answer for that matter, the pathetic attempts at humor and wit is what really what makes me grimace.

4. cheaptoys profile image60
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

i would say both because you can do both at the same time while some people choose to focus on either

5. profile image0
    RobSchneiderposted 6 years ago

If it's about making money, I'd say look elsewhere. How long does it take to write a hub? What's the return? Simple math. I like it because I can write about things I can't find a market for but am personally interested in. It also seems to have more of a community atmosphere than most article directories.

I've heard that some people make pretty good money here, but it takes tailoring your articles for your market and creating a lot of content. If you can find a profitable niche on hubpages, why not start a blog of your own and use hubpages and other social media to direct traffic to your blog? You get a bigger slice of the pie that way. If you can make $2000 a month on HP, as some claim, you could probably make $4000 on your own, without much more effort. That's my opinion, anyway.

6. padmendra profile image46
    padmendraposted 6 years ago

Hub is a platform where we get opportunity of sharing, discussing and exchanging views of mutual interest with fellow Hubbers. . This is one kind of more valuable aspect for us as Hubpages allows us to express ourselves in  a way with freedom . Making money is an additional aspect to perform better ,  however, it can not be the chased destination to be a part of Hub.

7. Brandon Martin profile image77
    Brandon Martinposted 5 years ago

HubPages is definitely not about making money, but sharing information with other people. You can find ways to make more money than what you get on here, but for now, hubpages is for sharing information, having fun and making new friends who share your interests

8. Hazzabanana8 profile image79
    Hazzabanana8posted 5 years ago

For me, it's less about sharing information, and more to do with improving my writing skills, getting an understanding of what people are into and interested in and having something entertaining and productive to do with my free time.
    That said, it is useful for getting information out into the real world.
    The money is a lucky bonus.