jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

What is it like when you achieve 10,000 page views?

1. Curiad profile image79
    Curiadposted 5 years ago

What is it like when you achieve 10,000 page views?

I have a long way to go. I am at about 3500 now and it seems like forever.

2. Johnrr631992 profile image88
    Johnrr631992posted 5 years ago

I know when i hit my first 10,000 i was very happy and proud. Then i found my niche, and now receive about 1,100 page views a day, and 50,000 was even better. But i am really excited about hitting 100,000 views soon and really cannot wait for that.

3. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 5 years ago

I hit my 10000 page views when I had been writing for 5 and half months. It was a great feeling of having achieved a milestone. The next 10000 should come faster and the so would the subsequent ones. I think page views follow this path.

So don't worry you will hit this mark soon. Good luck.

4. catfish33 profile image81
    catfish33posted 5 years ago

I'll tell you when I hit it.  Got 1400 and change right now!

5. jacqui2011 profile image82
    jacqui2011posted 5 years ago

When I got to around 8,000 I got so excited. It was like a daily countdown, checking on my views 3 and 4 times a day. I was like a kid at Christmas when I went to bed that night as I only had 30 views to go. The following morning I jumped out of bed and found that I'd got the view overnight, it was more exciting than a visit from the man in the red suit and white beard.

6. bhaskardada profile image41
    bhaskardadaposted 5 years ago

I am yet to get 100. So 100 times 100 is a very very long way to go! I dont know whether I will ever achieve it. But nevertheless it will be very exiting.

7. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

What you are going to find if you stick with this online writing deal - is that the more you do it the better you become at it....which is about like most other things, of course.

I think it took me about 18 to 20 months to get to 100,000...but I'll be at 200,00 about six months past the time I got to 100,000.

There's a profile here on Hubpages with THIRTEEN MILLION page views - and that one might well be a lot higher than that now too, but I believe the author decided to hide the icon accolade thing.

Heck I just one a million!  Then maybe I'll be somewhat satisfied with my "project Hubpages."

So anyway - once the traffic starts piling in due to strong niches and learning what works for a person....you can really hit a stride and see it climb.

8. poshcoffeeco profile image81
    poshcoffeecoposted 5 years ago

I am at 8,000 page views at present. This is a really good question to ask and I think it could be worth trying to explain our progress so far in the form of a hub with the same title. Thanks for the inspiration here. I am so excited about reaching this milestone in my HP career. It seems I have been showing 1000 views on my profile for years but it has only been 7 months to date.

9. poshcoffeeco profile image81
    poshcoffeecoposted 5 years ago

Another how to hub telling fellow hubbers what it is like when the milestone of 10,000 page views is reached. Also gives information on the future planning which is required to reach the next milestone of 100,000 views. read more

10. Sunshine625 profile image93
    Sunshine625posted 5 years ago

It was a bit surreal that my hubs had been read 10,000 times! The accolade is a nice reminder of the accomplishment. Great question Mark!

11. billybuc profile image89
    billybucposted 5 years ago

It was gratifying and a little unreal that so many people would have read the stuff I write.  I remember two months ago reading the hub tutorials and they suggest don't write about personal experiences....so I went right ahead and did just that....so it felt good to know that you can write from the heart about personal experiences and people will read it.

12. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image98
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

I wrote for another site prior to coming to hub pages.  Most of my articles brought very few page views (they paid according to page views), but one of them took off and I wound up with over 11,000 views on that one.  This happened because the site highlighted that hub.  It was a heavenly feeling when that happened, but after awhile, a short while, the frenzy ended.

I have been on hub ages for two months now and by the end of this week I will hit around 3,000 views for 52 articles.  Once again, though, my page views aren't that great.  However, they're 3 times what they were on the other site.

My point is that I've been there, and it was great while it lasted, but it didn't last long.  I have come to realize that page views don't necessarily correlate with good writing or even writing about interesting topics because I know I am a good writer and I write on a huge variety of topics.

Maybe some day my views will improve, but since I don't market my work to the social and other sites, I'm probably doomed.

Good thing I like to write!!

13. dilipchandra12 profile image77
    dilipchandra12posted 5 years ago

I planned for the next milestone. Right now am at 540,000+

14. ryeder profile image59
    ryederposted 5 years ago

I got really excited when it reached 999.  When it reached 9999, I was ecstatic and somewhat dumbfounded why anyone would want to read my stuff.  After that, I stopped looking at the numbers because I seemed to be growing more obsessive with how many rather than with writing quality.....which stills needs a lot of TLC...

working