jump to last post 1-29 of 29 discussions (37 posts)

Just hit a (mini) milestone - 1,000 page views...

1. Paul Maplesden profile image81
    Paul Maplesdenposted 4 years ago

I just wanted to have a tiny celebration at having hit my first milestone, 1,000 page views...

It took around 15 hubs, 8 days and a fair bit of promotion to get there, but I'm really pleased.

I mainly shared on Google+ and Twitter and also answered questions on the forums here, HupHopped and commented on other's hubs and followed other interesting people. This seems to have paid off with other hubbers coming and checking out my work.

Looking forward to continuing to be a member of this community, and thanks to all my fellow Hubbers for helping me get to 1,000 page views.

Paul.

1. the girls profile image77
      the girlsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well done and congratulations!

2. ExpectGreatThings profile image85
      ExpectGreatThingsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm impressed that you did 15 hubs in 8 days! It took me months to get that far smile You have every right to be pleased!

3. sallybea profile image98
      sallybeaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, snap, so did I, well done!

4. profile image97
      Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well done, it took me far longer than eight days to get 1,000 views. Nicely done!

5. sonykuddi profile image39
      sonykuddiposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Congratulation for your first achievement. Even I hope commenting in other hub also some time help us to get some visitors to our hub.

Paul Maplesdenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sony, I'd say that's definitely the case; anything we can do to comment on other's hubs and encourage others can get them to look at our own work.

2. Rosie2010 profile image77
    Rosie2010posted 4 years ago

Awesome!  1,000 views on 15 hubs in just 8 days, is quite an accomplishment.  Congratulations!

Welcome to Hubpages, Paul Maplesden!  Here's to more success here on Hubpages... Cheers!  smile

3. Paul Maplesden profile image81

Thanks very much for all your kind words, much appreciated smile

4. ComfortB profile image90
    ComfortBposted 4 years ago

Congrats!!! I know I was excited when I reached that milestone. I'm happy for you. Now,
    roll up your sleeves and keep on writing, there's more milestone awaiting you!

5. faythef profile image62
    faythefposted 4 years ago

Congratulations..that is awesome..it took me much longer with more hubs to reach that...

6. healthylife2 profile image93
    healthylife2posted 4 years ago

Hey congrats!! That's a big accomplishment in only one week. Welcome to HP and I will be waiting to hear when you hit your next goal:)

7. Bake Like a Pro profile image79
    Bake Like a Proposted 4 years ago

Congratulations Paul, very impressive.

8. habee profile image96
    habeeposted 4 years ago

That's great, Paul!

9. Jmillis2006 profile image59
    Jmillis2006posted 4 years ago

Congratulations, hope I can reach that goal soon!

10. DrMark1961 profile image100
    DrMark1961posted 4 years ago

I think it took me a month, and I had twice as many hubs, so your performance is great, really impressive!
    Keep on participating and writing we will all be looking forward to reading more of your work.

11. LucidDreams profile image73
    LucidDreamsposted 4 years ago

Great job......keep it up!

12. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Congratulations Paul! You did extremely well in 8 days. Those views will go up faster than you think. Good luck and welcome to hubpages.

13. Frangipanni profile image83
    Frangipanniposted 4 years ago

Well Done. Great achievement Paul. Now heading toward your next milestone.

14. Frangipanni profile image83
    Frangipanniposted 4 years ago

Well Done. Great achievement Paul. Now heading toward your next milestone.

15. Paul Maplesden profile image81

Thanks for the kind words, although if the next milestone is 10,000, I have a way to go!

16. Missy Mac profile image84
    Missy Macposted 4 years ago

Congratulations!  I recently made this milestone as well.

17. Cardia profile image94
    Cardiaposted 4 years ago

Congratulations on your milestone! smile I wish you all the best in your future hub writing and projects.

18. Boulism profile image81
    Boulismposted 4 years ago

Congrats! I'm jealous!  Been here 8 days myself, looking to improve every day. Thanks for the inspiration!

19. Bake Like a Pro profile image79

How wonderful, congratulations. Thank you for sharing your tips smile

20. Doodlehead profile image79
    Doodleheadposted 4 years ago

1000 in eight is GREAT!

21. Dannytaylor02 profile image82
    Dannytaylor02posted 4 years ago

congratulations mate soon enough google will be crawling your hubs giving you a major boost too!

22. Valene profile image85
    Valeneposted 4 years ago

Wait, how do you "share" on Google? I am fairly new to Hubpages. All this stuff about search results and stuff is kind of confusing to me. I started several months ago, but so far have only made 7 hubs. Maybe if I make more, I will have 1,000 pages views too!

23. Paul Maplesden profile image81

Valene, I'm talking about Google+ (the social network). I've built up a good following there and I'm a moderator for a popular small business community, so I get good engagement, comments, shares and clickthroughs on my posts.

If you want to find out more about Google+, there's lots of helpful hubs here and articles elsewhere online.

Good luck!

24. profile image0
    GoldenThreadPressposted 4 years ago

Congratulations for writing so many Hub and getting the views so quickly. Best wishes for continued success!--Deb

25. Annette R. Smith profile image89
    Annette R. Smithposted 4 years ago

Congratulations, Paul. Keep up the good work!

26. kellyteam profile image62
    kellyteamposted 4 years ago

Congratulations! Continue to celebrate each milestone. This is not a small feat, you did it in good time. I'm just slowly approaching 1000 views with 25 hubs. Keep up the good work!

27. Bake Like a Pro profile image79

Way to go Paul smile

28. teresakbecker profile image61
    teresakbeckerposted 4 years ago

Congratulations, Paul! Can I ask - have you been able to see success in monetizing your site? Would love to hear your tips as I'm brand new to HubPages.

Paul Maplesdenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Teresa,

Firstly, a warm welcome to HubPages.

I'm off to a reasonable start with monetization and have made a few dollars since starting.  Monetization here is all about getting viewers to your site (since revenue is based on 'CPM' or 'Ad Revenue per Thousand Views'.)

I've written a forum post about how writers can get more viewers in the early days, you can find it here: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/108945

I have also written a couple of hubs about how to interact with the community and also how to market your website or blog, both of which you might find helpful; they are linked from my profile.

Hope this helps,

Paul.

1. teresakbecker profile image61
        teresakbeckerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Paul,

Thank you for the prompt response and very helpful post! I look forward to getting more viewers and monetizing the content I write. Appreciate your help, and good luck on hitting your next milestone!

Teresa

29. Vacation Trip profile image76
    Vacation Tripposted 4 years ago

congratulations Paul Maplesden. Good Wishes. I can understand how happy you are feeling because recently even I have also achieved 1,000 page views. Good Luck.

working