jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Why do hubbers use the shadow man avatar instead of uploading a picture to their

1. YogaKat profile image87
    YogaKatposted 6 years ago

Why do hubbers use the shadow man avatar instead of uploading a picture to their profile?

Some are newbies, but many aren't . . . just wondering if its due to other things beside laziness.

2. somethgblue profile image87
    somethgblueposted 6 years ago

I don't know and have always felt that an avatar is a opportunity to show some creativity, hence the illustration for mine.

Kind of hard to see but if you read a hub of mine you'll get a better look. It is my interpretation of the Stairway to Heaven by Zecharia Zitchin from the book of the same name.

Perhaps it is insecurity but as you have noted it is probable just laziness.

3. msorensson profile image70
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

Too many choices of pictures to upload? Just a guess...

4. rLcasaLme profile image73
    rLcasaLmeposted 6 years ago

perhaps for anonimity purposes. maybe, they chose to be mysterious.

5. cheaptoys profile image60
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

well some people might not want others to know that they are making money online!

6. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Because that is how some people want to represent themseves.  Who cares, it's not important.

7. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image98
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years ago

There is now facial recognition software out there that allows those that have it to use any online photo to gather all kinds of information on people, including social security numbers.  This is why I, personally, do not have my photo online anywhere and why I don't use facebook or my real name online.  It's just getting too dangerous to do so.

8. saitam profile image80
    saitamposted 6 years ago

I do not have any photo of me as profile picture to protect some privacy. That way my friends know who I am, but you never know if in some job interview or anywhere being a hubber(or the hubs you wrote about) can be a disadvantage,

9. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I don't think it's anything to do with being lazy, it's just their choice to do so. There are lots of folks not very comfortable with their own photograph - I'm like this as I always think I look so drippy in photos and I prefer to look at my dog rather than my mug shot all the time. So I guess those with 'shadow man' might be the same. But at the end of the day I don't think it's a big deal, especially on a site like Hub Pages - the writing is the important bit.

10. abih profile image59
    abihposted 6 years ago

I think some of them, didn't confidence with himself

11. Nare Anthony profile image70
    Nare Anthonyposted 6 years ago

I believe many people are concerned about their privacy. I am not. Well, if I lived in US maybe I would also be smile

12. bigsands profile image41
    bigsandsposted 6 years ago

A good question. However, shadow man is an improvement on many dark or dull profile pictures.

working