jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are you ever offended by the answers you get from questions?

1. WookieWonderfuls profile image60
    WookieWonderfulsposted 6 years ago

Are you ever offended by the answers you get from questions?

Do you ever find yourself offended over an answer somebody has given in response to your question even if they mean no offence?

2. JamaGenee profile image85
    JamaGeneeposted 6 years ago

Not unless the person meant the answer to be offensive.  Even so, I wouldn't let such an answer ruin my day.  I don't believe everyone has to agree with me.  What a boring world it would be if they did!

3. Peanutritious profile image61
    Peanutritiousposted 6 years ago

I've never been offended but I have had people take my question the wrong way. I asked a question about benefits in the UK. There is much uproar about all the money going to those on sickness benefit. I asked what people thought about capping child benefit after two or three children which would free up millions.

A highly religious individual started ranting that it's god's choice and we would end up like china, murdering children etc. This was not what I was saying! I have no problem with people having as many children as they want. I simply think people would think twice about it if they had to pay for it all themselves.

4. VendettaVixen profile image69
    VendettaVixenposted 6 years ago

Unless the person is purposly trying to offend me, I don't think I've got any right to be. I've asked for their opinions, and it'd be entirely unreasonable of me to expect everyone's answers to conform with my beliefs.

5. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I was offended once, when I asked a question under the science headings. It wasn't a case of this person not meaning to be offensive, they were openly rude and aggressive when answering my question. Basically I responded to them by telling them not to answer any more of my questions until they had learned some manners. I didn't get bothered after that.

If a hubber doesn't mean to be offensive I would either just ignore it or perhaps I would point out, in a nice way, how the answer sounds to me if I felt strongly enough about it.

working