jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Are you ever tempted to correct some one else's spelling errors??

1. Eliminate Cancer profile image60
    Eliminate Cancerposted 6 years ago

Are you ever tempted to correct some one else's spelling errors??

2. ib radmasters profile image62
    ib radmastersposted 6 years ago

Yes, but not OCD, and I have my own to worry about.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Sometimes I just  leave a comment that has the correct spelling of the word they used  in error-- some people get it, some don't. I don't try to be the typo or spelling police-- I make too many mistakes, myself. Feel free to point mine out.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
    Kathleen Cochranposted 6 years ago

No, but I'm always happy for someone to correct mine - grammar too!

5. wkhigley profile image60
    wkhigleyposted 6 years ago

someone* : )

I'm often tempted to correct spelling and appreciate it when someone corrects me. It's just how we learn and improve.

6. Eliminate Cancer profile image60
    Eliminate Cancerposted 6 years ago

wkhigley - awesome!!  I was wondering if anyone was going to get that smile

7. petenali profile image85
    petenaliposted 6 years ago

I have to admit that although I don't take the step to correct anything in a comment, it completely blows my mind the number of simple grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors that are rampant in hubs.  I understand that it is easy to do - I often re-read my hubs even after publishing them and spot an error.  It is clear that some people are too anxious to press "publish" when they should be proof reading or having someone else do it for them.

8. j-u-i-c-e profile image96
    j-u-i-c-eposted 6 years ago

I've been on the Internet too long: the general level of spelling and punctuation is so low, and has been for so long, that I think I've become immune to it. Besides, having good 'penmanship' sets you apart from the crowd. Amiright?

The only thing that still gives me facial tics is the use of 'ect'. What.The.*

9. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 6 years ago

Yes, I am tempted and (someone) needs to proof their work before pushing publish. I will usually let them know, especially if it changes the meaning of the sentence. I am a spelling whiz and if you find a misspell in mine, it is usually a typo. Grammar, I am not so good on but I try.

10. msorensson profile image73
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

No, not unless they ask specifically to edit the paper.

11. Minnetonka Twin profile image88
    Minnetonka Twinposted 6 years ago

I've noticed that many on HubPages let others know if they've misspelled something. I know I welcome it if I spell something wrong. I usually read over my hubs a couple times before publishing to catch it but sometime's I don't see a misspell.