jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Flagging Question

1. Whitney05 profile image59
    Whitney05posted 9 years ago

When looking around on new hubs, I found a hub that is cut and paste from several other websites. After each paragraph there is a URL address for the site. I'm curius as even with this sort of citation, is it against the duplicate rule since the sort paragraphs are word for word?

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

I saw one similar the other day. I flagged it anyway. I don't know if it breaks the rules or not, but seeing as I was already there.......

3. Whitney05 profile image59

Thanks Mark. I flagged them.

I was jsut curious as to if it counts becase even though its straigh copied directly from one website or multiple websites (depending on the hub you read), the sites are still provided.

Looking at it in an essay point of view, it's still plagerizing. But, in a hub point of view, is it?

4. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

I'm not sure, but I figured if I flagged it and it wasn't, hubpages could either delete it or not and I had done my bit. I seem to have been flagging a lot of hubs lately. smile

5. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 9 years ago

I flag Hubs like that too.  It seems to me the number of duplicate hubs has been on the upswing lately.

6. Whitney05 profile image59

Thanks guys. I just didn't know if I was being picky about things like that...

What about hubs that link you to their site only. Say there's a paragraph of information related to the title, and within that paragraph, there is several links to their own website. But, there's another paragraph about something completely different, without links. Is this flag material?

I hate to ask all these questions. I'm just still confused as to what is flag material.

working