jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What was the best hub experience you had?

1. forall profile image60
    forallposted 5 years ago

What was the best hub experience you had?

Sometimes the audience that our hubs get is quite better than our guesses. It happened with me once. It makes you feel that really people felt your sincerity through the some lines you wrote. Did you have such kind of experience?

2. peoplepower73 profile image93
    peoplepower73posted 5 years ago

I created my hub page on "RSS Feeds, How are they used in Hub Pages." After publishing it, I received many comments on how I cleared the mystery and made the procedures easy to understand. I gain quite a satisfaction from turning on light bulbs in people's heads. 

But the most surprising and satisfying thing for me is, that hub was nominated for a Hub Nugget award last month. I did not win the award. However, I had only been with hub pages for three months and I was deeply honored to have my hub page nominated for the award.

3. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 5 years ago

Writing a Hub on Kony 2012 at 1am in the morning, going to bed, waking up at 7am and finding out it has 4,000 views.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

My best experience was finding out that one of my pieces was nominated for a HubNugget award only a few weeks after joining up. It was a nice feeling to know that someone other than myself and my immediate family was reading my material...haha.

5. SimeyC profile image97
    SimeyCposted 5 years ago

My winning entry in the Plumbing contest last year. Not only did I learn a lot about how to construct and write a quality hub, but I also found the process of researching, taking my own photos, and generally having fun while writing - and of course the $500 really helped.

6. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 5 years ago

There have been (and continue to be) many.  However, the first one that came to mind after reading your question is this:

In late 2010, I wrote a Hub about hunting for jobs in the Bakken oil formation area of western North Dakota.  Google liked it, so it moved up to visibility in the search results and got a few daily views.  So far, so good.

Then, perhaps 6-8 months ago, job seekers suddenly seemed to discover it en masse.  It could be that major news stories on the Bakken had raised awareness and thus increased the number of searches.  I don't know.  But...magic happened.

Before long (after the "surge" started), readers began posting helpful information in the comments--places they'd found that were hiring, how to interview, housing challenges, whatever.  As a result, it (the page) grew into a "community forum" with people helping people.  More than 1,000 comments accrued, and I added a fresh "spillover page", which continues to grow rapidly.

Most importantly, people from across the country who were/are using the Hub as their primary info resource began actually getting HIRED, sometimes even meeting each other in North Dakota or at Job Fairs after chatting online for weeks or months.

THAT experience, I wouldn't change for the world.

7. Sherry Hewins profile image95
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

What a great question, I love all the answers. The experience that stands out in my mind happened when I had only been here for 6 days, and my hub "How to Build a Really Mediocre Gingerbread Village in only 6 Hours," was selected as Hub of the Day. It was really thrilling to see the traffic surge and all of the wonderful comments people left for me.

working