Why has my Adsense revenue dropped significantly since signing up for the HubPages earnings program?
Nothing has changed. I still receive a fair amount of traffic at almost 13,000 views in 2 1/2 months. I still receive the same amount of clicks at several per month. The only difference is I have signed up for the Hub Pages earnings program. I went from earning approximately $12 per month with Adsense alone down to under $1 so far this month. While the Hub Pages ad program has generated $5 so far this month in it's first month associated with my account. What is going on?
You aren't running adsense ads on your hub pages now.
You can turn the HP ad program off, you know, and that will return pure adsense ads to your hubs.
I do believe there is an adsense ad below the comments section of your hubpages regardless.
Adsense = pay per click
HP Ad Program = pay per impression.
Why does it still say Ads by Google when I view my pages? Also do you mean page view by "impression"?
When you were on Google Adsense only, all the ads on the page were Adsense ads. 60% of the time they were your ad code and paid directly to you and the other 40% of the time they were HP's ad code and paid to them.
When you activate the HP Adprogram this all changes. Now only one Google Adsense ad is paid directly to you 60% of the time. This ad has now been moved to the bottom right of the page. The other ads on the page may very well be Google ads but these are now credited to HP directly. As far as we are aware, clicks are now irrelevant. They will then distribute some of this earned revenue back to you by paying you for impressions and only impressions!
If you are looking for more information then please read the hub I wrote about this very issue and you can also see what other hubbers think. Perhpas you'll join us in August by going back to Adsense only to see if it earns more than the HP program. http://lauryallan.hubpages.com/hub/is-t … se-revenue
by Brie Hoffman 7 years ago
Is it just me?It's pretty odd for it to be completely zero. I am wondering if something is going on.
by Rahul Parashar 5 years ago
I was wondering how much people actually earn on HubPages through HubPages ads program? Does it produces better results than AdSense? How much hubs and tgime does it take to start earning? Yeah, I know, so many questions, but I really need to know the answers. Thanks in advance for answering it.
by sasta10 3 years ago
Hi, what was you maximum earning with HubPages Ad Program in a month (not google adsense)? Is it possible to make much money with this program? Thanks.
by FootballNut 2 years ago
I was wondering if Hubpages offer a revenue sharing HTML code that can be implemented into the hubpages members own websites.The Hubpages Ad programme seems to work better than google adsense in respect of how much can be earned per 1000 page views, I would much rather have hubpages adverts being...
by Jerrico Usher 10 years ago
I've been on HubPages now for about 10 months and it took that long to generate 100.00, but since I hit my 100th hub or so my monthly revenue has gone up about 30.00 a month and I'm starting to see some decent change rolling in now.. seems a snowball effect happens when you get enough chump change...
by Sherry Hewins 18 months ago
A few days ago, I noticed that a lot of people were talking about changing from HP Ad Program to Google AdSense. I had tried that a few years ago, but switched back pretty quickly because I earned better with HP. Recently though, since my earnings have dropped so much, I figured I didn't have much...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|