jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why has my Adsense revenue dropped significantly since signing up for the HubPag

1. MarkRFox profile image76
    MarkRFoxposted 6 years ago

Why has my Adsense revenue dropped significantly since signing up for the HubPages earnings program?

Nothing has changed. I still receive a fair amount of traffic at almost 13,000 views in 2 1/2 months. I still receive the same amount of clicks at several per month. The only difference is I have signed up for the Hub Pages earnings program. I went from earning approximately $12 per month with Adsense alone down to under $1 so far this month. While the Hub Pages ad program has generated $5 so far this month in it's first month associated with my account. What is going on?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

You aren't running adsense ads on your hub pages now.

You can turn the HP ad program off, you know, and that will return pure adsense ads to your hubs.

I do believe there is an adsense ad below the comments section of your hubpages regardless.

Adsense = pay per click

HP Ad Program = pay per impression.

3. MarkRFox profile image76
    MarkRFoxposted 6 years ago

Why does it still say Ads by Google when I view my pages? Also do you mean page view by "impression"?

4. Lauryallan profile image80
    Lauryallanposted 5 years ago

When you were on Google Adsense only, all the ads on the page were Adsense ads. 60% of the time they were your ad code and paid directly to you and the other 40% of the time they were HP's ad code and paid to them.
    When you activate the HP Adprogram this all changes. Now only one Google Adsense ad is paid directly to you 60% of the time. This ad has now been moved to the bottom right of the page. The other ads on the page may very well be Google ads but these are now credited to HP directly. As far as we are aware, clicks are now irrelevant. They will then distribute some of this earned revenue back to you by paying you for impressions and only impressions!
    If you are looking for more information then please read the hub I wrote about this very issue and you can also see what other hubbers think. Perhpas you'll join us in August by going back to Adsense only to see if it earns more than the HP program. http://lauryallan.hubpages.com/hub/is-t … se-revenue