Is Anyone A Bit Bored This Evening

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (52 posts)
  1. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

I have lots to do and don't feel like doing anything, I have written two hubs today, so that is enough, thought we could just have a chat, anyone out there

2. jenblacksheep profile image68
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

Hi lorraine!
    Thought I'd say hi since I am procrastinating. I'm supposed to be getting my hub for today done (30 in 30 challenge), but I can't concentrate for a long period of time.

What are you supposed to be doing?

3. wesleycox profile image71
    wesleycoxposted 14 years ago

I'm bored like a 2 X 4

4. profile image0

supposed to be doing nothing really i suppose, but looking around the house there is plenty i could be doing, but not in the mood for house work.   I am off work til Sunday, so no pressure on me to do anything.....  I am enjoying seeing you around in the forums.... is the 30 day challenge difficult

5. profile image0

how can we relieve our boredom....

6. wesleycox profile image71
    wesleycoxposted 14 years ago

Push-ups always works for me.  Have you read my latest poet?

7. jenblacksheep profile image68
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

Well, I'm only on day three at the moment and on my third hub, so all going to plan at the moment. I hadn't written anything for about two months, so I'm trying to come back with a vengence now! Keep thinking of ideas for hubs and writing them down, and I hope I can get through them all. I am a bit worried that I will just give up halfway through.

I don't have a job at all so there's no pressure on me to do anything ... other than find a job. Which clearly I am failing at.

8. profile image0

i don't think i have have you read the one i wrote today, strong stuff man, i will read yours you read mine, and come back in a minute, do a couple of pressups in the meantime, see you soon.

9. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years ago

I've just had 5 hours of fencing and helping 11yr olds learn - I'm bored and knackered!

10. profile image0

fencing heck do you teach that, i had a friend in England who taught fencing, not easy is it...

WHICH Poem,  i have read them all i think been searching for one i have not read ..... what is it called

1. wesleycox profile image71
      wesleycoxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you're talking to me its not a poem, its called plane crash though, it is a story, and you may like it.

11. Gemsong profile image62
    Gemsongposted 14 years ago

I'm bored, irritated and waiting to cool off before I try my next hub.

12. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

It's only 2:30 and I'm still at work...and I'm bored smile

1. profile image0
      poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

where do you live, and what work are you doing.  It is  20.35 here

13. Wonder_Woman profile image59
    Wonder_Womanposted 14 years ago

Im bored, even though im at worK....I hate it here -_- lol

1. profile image0

what do you do

1. Wonder_Woman profile image59
        Wonder_Womanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

travel insurance, deal with customers all over the world, thats not the crappy part, my company seems like its struggling to stay afloat, so they push a ton on work on to individuals without paying them for it, while managment tries to get their act straight

14. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hi everyone,

I've completed 2 hubs today and ripped one down and re-built it to make it look better.

I'm now killing time for a little bit, to give myself a break.

Writing can make you tired, bored and even silly at times, and it is those times we all struggle to get through.

Writing can be inspirational, which can lead to more writing, but you have to maintain focus and composure.

Try not to let yourself wander way from your main goal.

Take it easy or however you can get it.

I'm out and back to work.

Thanks and enjoy.

15. profile image0

yep i am talking to you. saw that but was looking for a poem, i will go read now.......   thanks for your comments on my hubs.
    going back there now

16. profile image0

i have set myself some goals to improve my writing every day.

17. Gemsong profile image62
    Gemsongposted 14 years ago

My goal? 25 hubs before I focus on Nanowrimo next month. smile

18. profile image0

Read about the plane crasth Wesleycox...... you lead such an interesting life.  Is it a lonely life, or are you too busy to be lonely????? Do you have good friends

1. wesleycox profile image71
      wesleycoxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My life is very interesting and absolutely not lonely.  I have many good friends, and even a best friend.

1. profile image0

that's good glad about that....... some people find it hard being away from home, but not you then....

19. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Procrastination day for me. I am a little off kilter and all so focus is not coming. I need to get a couple of hubs done but am just not feeling it today.

20. profile image0

anyone still bored

1. emievil profile image67
      emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

me, me, me! I think I didn't do anything productive today sad

21. profile image0

some days are just like that, i hve done nothing for 3 days and wrote 2 hubs and changed one today, i think that is a record.... tomorrow will be your day

Hope so. I have classes tomorrow. I can't afford to feel bored smile

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

aww, HI guys!! don't be bored, tell a joke here or something funny...
        Its 10:26 an here, cold and rainy, my midle daughter is sick I was up most of the night...something funny would be good!!!

Sorry to hear about your daughter being sick. Hope she'll get better. smile

1. profile image0

oh thanks. its just a case of the sniffles and a sore throat, she'll be fine...it was just a long night is all...nothign serious

2. profile image0
          bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

An Ancient Chinese Man Once Said "Man that goes to bed with itchy butt, wakes up with smelly finger."

1. profile image0

lAST NIGHT i DREAMT i WAS A CAR AND WOKE UP EXHAUSTED!! HAHAHHA
            OH NO, MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK

1. profile image0

USUALLY mine is but it is your turn

1. profile image0

I kept pushing the button and it wouldnt go away!!!!
                thats what I get for using a 11 year old computer!

2. emievil profile image67

LOL, I thought your caps lock was part of the joke smile

22. profile image0

don't know if you found that at all funny........  sorry about your daughter not being well..... i have put some comedy sketches on my latest hub..... but i cannot think of a joke of hand any one...... clean if possible, well not disgusting like the last one.....

23. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 14 years ago

If you are bored, that means you are in dear need of a CHANGE!
    Grab your car, bike, bus ticket, broom stick, whatever you use for transportation and GO! Anywhere. Any place you haven't been before. Even for a hour. It's like a trip to another dimension. it's the best cure from a boredom. Trust me.

1. profile image0

i am getting my broomstick and going to the moon see you there

24. profile image0

i think it is happening all over the place.  They no people will not leave as there are not so many jobs out there, so they treat people badly..... my company have said we can not tell them any time in week ew cannot work

SO for instance, i can work 7 days a week except for 2 -7 on two of those days.  The shifts are any time from 8-8 they say if i don't turn up for a shift they put me on, even if i tell them i am never available that time of week i will be disciplined.  Can u believe that.....  it is un real

1. Wonder_Woman profile image59
      Wonder_Womanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i look "every" day for a new job. even if i wont get paid as much (not like im getting paid much now) just to get out of this place. I have never been such an angry person untill i worked here, by the time i wanted to find a new job, jobs have become harder to find

1. profile image0

i just hate it when you are not happy with your job, nothing worse, especially if they don't pay well ,,,,,,, aw, what a shame for you...... hope you do get something else, but having no job would maybe be slightly worse..... would it??????

2. profile image0

things are so messed up...in my area, most everyone I know is sitting back, getting drunk and collecting unemplyment...they say...no one is hiring!! wich isnt true...unemplyment, for one, is hiring....Im so glad my husband works, I would be disgusted if he sat around doing nothing, for no reason....its not fair that the hardworkign peopel are stuck doign everything, for little pay, when others are at home playing nintendo and getting paid!! (I know, not everybody is doing that, just talking about my neighborhood..)

25. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Confusius says if your nose runs and your feet smell you were built upside down.

1. profile image0

reminds me of a note a child's parent sent in to school.

My son can not come into school, today, he has a runny nose through a hole in his shoe. (Northern English people sometimes use the word through, instead of because of.....)

26. profile image0

yeah that is a bit annoying, paying their dole with your tax.... i hate that...... there was a time when my husband used to say he was keeping 2 other families...... was not their fault at the time this country would not give them permits to work......

1. profile image0

thing is, I understand some people get in tight spots and need a little temporary help..but so many people take advantage

1. profile image0

oh yeah you will always get some that take advantage of the system....... they don't care do they

1. profile image0

thats when I need to remember, what goes around comes around. I mind my own business, and they make thier decisions, it will come back to them. I cant control other people, all I can do is live my life the best I can.

27. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I'm not so much bored, but frustrated with my lack of writing skills and tired of waiting for the phone to ring (for hubby).  There is so much I NEED to do around the house, clean closets, paint my sons room, but my motivation is zippo.

I escape when I write - so its not boring for me.

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just read one of your hubs and thought you did a good job!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)