jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do I add anchor text linking to text capsules within a hub?

1. Linda Bliss profile image90
    Linda Blissposted 5 years ago

How do I add anchor text linking to text capsules within a hub?

This is probably obvious to everyone else, but how do I add links to the beginning of a hub, that links to text capsules further down within the same hub?

I don't mean links to external sites or other hubs, I know how to make those, I'm after the links that will take the reader to a paragraph/text capsule further down the page of the same hub - hope that makes sense yikes)

Like Wayseeker has done in this hub:

http://wayseeker.hubpages.com/hub/Mexic … d_18209888

2. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 5 years ago

Looking forward to the answer to this question!

3. wayseeker profile image94
    wayseekerposted 5 years ago

I stumbled on a hub that had these by Hubber Darkside and went in search of it.  He has written a great hub fully explaining this.  It requires a bit of work, but once you get used to the process it's not a problem, and I love how user-friendly it can make your hubs.

Simply look up "Table of Contents" by Darkside, and it'll give you everything you need.

Good luck and Happy Hubbing!

4. JamaGenee profile image86
    JamaGeneeposted 5 years ago

Thanks, Linda, for asking this, and wayseeker for pointing us to darkside's tutorial. When the internet was in its infancy and I built web pages from scratch, I knew the code for anchoring (aka "jump to" links) and used this trick often. But I had no idea there was a way to do it on HP. Wonderful!

5. lobobrandon profile image90
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

All my latest hubs have a table of contents (as they're long) and I'm editing my previous hubs too. I used Darksides hub for help - months ago smile