Where is the best place to publish a 5000 word non-fictional adventure travel st

1. profile image47
    hapieposted 5 years ago

Where is the best place to publish a 5000 word non-fictional adventure travel story?

I recently joined hubpages and started to write up my recent adventure to the Sumantran Jungle in Indonesia. Before long my hub was getting rather long. I think by the time it is complete it will sit around 5000 words. Is hubpages really the right place to publish this? Is there a way to make a "series" of hubs to break the story up into parts? Or should I look for other outlets for this piece? It is my first piece of writing and I'm attracted to hubpages to get feedback on my writing. This is a big plus.

2. Hunbbel Meer profile image86
    Hunbbel Meerposted 5 years ago

You can make chapters out of it. However, you will have to link it manually.

It would be best, if you publish on Hubpages, that you make an introduction page, with a little background and the index of all the chapters.

You will receive two advantages of it:

1. Your hubs' list will increase.
    2. People will get to know about the background of your fictional prose.
    3. If it is good, people will be craving about the next chapter wink

For an example, you can search my hub "WHILE REDEEMING MY SOUL - Synopsis"

It is a 3169 words short story written by me. The synopsis is the background, which also include the index. And as you go towards the next chapters, you will find links to each and every thing. It would be a great example for you, because once I was in the same position as you are now. Best of luck smile

3. lovesleftovers profile image71
    lovesleftoversposted 5 years ago

I agree with Hunbbel, cut it down into chapters. However, I'd publish them on your own blog. This way you retain all the rights for yourself and can use them elsewhere later if you like. If you decide later to turn them into one book (an ebook is always a great option and it's free to create one on Amazon) you can still do it. Google's "Blogger" allows you to have advertising on your blog, which brings in revenue. It's free and easy to use. I enjoy the Hubpages community, and it's beneficial to get feedback, but it's always a plus to retain rights to your material. Hope this helps!