Hub Survivor Challenge

1. kwalters profile image61
    kwaltersposted 14 years ago

Hub Survivor Challenge

Two Preliminary Notes:

First, if the challenge I describe below breaks any Hubber rules, I am unaware of it.  I am new to Hubbers.  If it is against any rules, please let me know, and please accept my apologies.

Second: if I see any sincere interest in this challenge, before it moves forward, I will check for copyright infringement with the television series Survivor.  Until then, the following is all pending the decision.

With that complete, this forum entry will describe the game and solicit contestants through your comments.  I doubt many of you will have much interest in my challenge if you do not already know something about the NBC series, so I do not plan a lengthy description.  In short, Survivor is a gameshow in which contestants are voted out by other contestants, until only the winner remains.  The game begins with teams, who later merge for individual play.  Beyond the particular contests placed upon contestants, the meat of the game is in how the gamers play, alliances they make (and break).

Pre-game:

For Hub Survivor, I ask for 16, 18 or 20 players.  If you wish to play, comment clearly that you want to be a contestant.  Also feel free if you have other comments, ideas or suggestions.  If response is fast, there will be 20 players.  If it takes long to get to 16, the number will be terminated there.  If interest is too meager, I will declare a no play, and that will be the end of it.

When we get to 16, 18 or 20, I will mostly randomly select two equal team.  I will try to separate co-fans, as much as possible.  By the way, when we get to eight contestants, I will contact the NBC series for copyright information, which also could end play.  When gameplay begins, I plan to move from forums to a hub.  Frankly, I am entering this venture with hopes of financial gain, so I plan to solicit advertising, like a typical hub.  Currently, I am uncertain about a winner's prize.  We will see about that later.

Challenge Rules/Tribe-play:

On Fridays, I will issue the weeks' contest, which may be a puzzle, an Internet treasure hunt, a race, etc.  I will explain the rules of that contest thoroughly and entertain questions during Friday only.  You will have Saturday and Sunday to complete the contest, most of the time.  On Mondays, I will announce the winner.  That tribe wins the Immunity Necklace, and will not vote off any one of their Tribe-mates.  The losing tribe will face a mini-contest for the Individual Immunity Idol.  This aspect is different from the series and is described below, under "Wrinkles."  The method the tribe chooses to select a member to vote off is up to them.  This forum and the Hub comments are available for discussion, as are countless Internet chat engines where private alliances also can be forged.  On Thursdays, Tribal Council begins.  Unlike the gameshow, votes are not private.  As comments, you must choose a member to vote off.  You will have a time limit.  Failure to vote is a vote for yourself.  You will not be able to vote off someone with the Individual Immunity Idol.

At some point, during Tribe-play, I may re-align the Tribes, changing your tribe-mates.  I will let you know of re-alignments during the Friday contest announcement.  The aspect is sometimes performed on the gameshow and you will not be advised of a change prior to that time.

At some point, on a Friday, I will announce the end of Tribe-play.  This action will signify the tribe merger and the beginning of Individual-play.

Challenge Rules/Individual-play:

Several changes occur after the tribes merge, and some of these are different from the gameshow.  Obviously, during Individual-play, you will not be working as a tribe, but rather will compete for indivual immunity.  Each week, the difficulty of the contest will grow.  You will play for two, not one, Immunity Idols.  You will vote off two, not one, tribe-mates.  I am imposing the latter of these rules because I do not want the chellenge to last 15 or more weeks, and doubt I will retain interest that long.  When you reach three or four contestants, Individual-play will end.  Otherwise, the basic rules and dates will remain the same as Tribe-play.

Challenge Rule/The Outcome:

Different from the gameshow, the very first player voted off will begin the formation of the jury, and each week one or two players will be added.  The jury can communicate among itself and can continue to make comments to the Hub.  When there are three or four players, they will be asked to synopsize why they think they should win on Friday.  On Saturday, I will ask 1-3 members of the jury to ask a question.  The remaining players should answer.  On Sunday, I will ask 1-3 members of the jury to ask a question, and agin the players should answer.  The same process will continu until all jury members have the opportunity to ask a question.  The players will be asked for a closing statement.  Then the jury will vote, again publicly, for a winner.

Wrinkles:

Several wrinkles to the gameshow have already been described, such as two idols per week and two eliminations per week during Individual-play.  Mentioned above but not described, during Tribe-play, the losing tribe will face a min-contest.  This will be a short-term race.  I will let everyone know what time I will as the contest question, for instance at 8 o'clock.  You will have one hour to post a correct answer.  The first to post it, wins Individual Immunity during Tribe-play Council.  If no one answers correctly, no one wins and anyone is eligible for elimination.

Second, I plan for a hidden Immunity Idol.  The question will be very difficult.  I will give a vague clue each week.  When you have the correct answer, email me.  If you are incorrect, you cannot try again that week.  If you are correct, Only you and I will know you have the idol.  I will continue the vague clues even after the Idol is discovered.  When a second e-mailer gives the correct answer, I will replay that the Idol has already been discovered and give a single clue for another hidden Idol.  I will do this only for correct answers.  Several hidden Idols could be in play.  During any vote, you can announce your Hidden Idol.  I would wait until all voting is complete.

Third, I think other "wrinkles" have been exppained completely.  Ask for clairification in the comments below.

2. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

I'm just waiting for the others to join me.

3. kwalters profile image61
    kwaltersposted 14 years ago

Thanks for replying.  I've been waiting too and felt this might be a good idea gone bust.  I hope more hubbers will find it this weekend.  Do you know of a way I can promote the idea, maybe to Hubpages moderators?  At this point, feel free to contact your friends.  I am new here, and have no friends.

Also, I noticed several small typos in the description.  They aren't that serious and I think ideas are clear.  I do apologize.  I cannot edit the forum as I could a hub.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)