My public apology to my friends

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (57 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Pacal Votanposted 14 years ago

If you are someone who likes me or consider me a friend, this is something you deserve to know:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Meet-the-new-me

Pacal Votan
    Haunty

1. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No apology necessary like I said on your hub " A friend is a friend until the end." Nothing has changed for me. smile

2. rmcrayne profile image89
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

I was curious about your post and your hub.  I read the hub and at the end felt like the punchline was missing.  I was expecting a big personal revelation like "I'm gay" or "I'm a drunk" or "I'm an addict" or some such. 

So I guess your punch line was, that among other things, you're going to stop telling what I call "Sweet little lies" so as not to hurt someone's feelings.  (Like discussed in the 1st video.)

If this is the case, you may want to go back and reframe for context in the first and last paragraphs.  Just a suggestion.

1. profile image0
      Pacal Votanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No. Sweet little lies will be the hardest to get rid of. I'm not really in the habit of hurting with words. If I feel I would I keep my mouth shut.

And I didn't really lie to people. I just let them go with their assumptions about me without telling them they were false assumptions. So it's more like deception by doing nothing.

But then there were occasions when I did tell lies so that people would accept me.

3. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i have another hubpages account- SquigglesMcBeebee. most people don't know that because he never talks in the forums. but he never does anything naughty or tries to fool anyone, and i don't think you ever did either. when this hub challenge is over, Squiggles will start hubbing his own brand of hubs.

i don't know who Haunty is but i have noticed quite a few hubbers here have said they have lots of other Hubpages identities, not just one, so i don't think you're bad or anything.

i think you're very brave.

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Thanks cosette.

It is always nice to know there are people who deal with split personalities here at hubpages. It explains a lot.

5. rmcrayne profile image89
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

I'm a firm believer in the sweet little lie.  THere are times when I see no purpose in being honest, knowing that it will only hurt someone's feelings.  Unnecessarily in my view.  Contrary to the first video on your hub. 

I'm a habitual offender of lies of omission too.  Definitely not worth all the anxiety of coming out as a non-believer to my [large extended] family.  Can't imagine ever telling my mom nor the aunts and uncles.

1. profile image0

That first video. The guys book is called Radical Honesty. I'm sure he wouldn't look very convincing if he were to promote sweet lies just because they are benevolent. As for me, I think there is always enough good to be found in people if you want to praise them and one doesn't need to make things up. But of course, there are situations when it's more important to make the person feel well that to be rigorously and inflexibly inclined to cleave to the truth just because it's the only truth. In my hub, I was thinking of a different sort of lie, the one that you create so that YOU could feel or look better not the other person. It's above all selfish.

6. Philent profile image67
    Philentposted 14 years ago

Everybody have their own reason for creating another account. Some have it to focus on a certain topic, some to have fun on the forums, some to start anew. Whatever your reason might be, I believe you are a good person and it is nice to meet you once again.

7. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I read the hub and left a comment there. smile

8. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

you are brave enough to admit it, so that is something....just dont fool yourself again lololol, anyway, people here will always be there for you......like me..

9. profile image0
    Pacal Votanposted 14 years ago

Thank you, all of you. I am not a notorious liar I think. But I'd also like to say that when I said I lied to people I didn't mean I lied because I started another account. As you said, there is nothing wrong with that. smile

10. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Hi Pacal. And here some hubbers said you and froggy are one  and the same smile. Whoever you are and whatever your hubber name is, you will always have lots of friends here in HP.

1. profile image0

Thank you for the compliment, but I and frog are not one and the same. She is a much better person and I'd really not like to drag her into this.

11. profile image49
    CabinGirl.posted 14 years ago

There is no need for an apology, I love you for who you are and always will !

1. profile image0

Thank you. Now that I know you better, I must say I wronged you in the past. I'm sorry for that. The same goes for you love wise.

And have you got your aquarium yet?

1. profile image49
        CabinGirl.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Next week my friend, making a space for it and worry not about wronging me, not many know the real me smile

1. profile image0

I think it's contagious. Luci started it and then I got a turtle too and now you're getting your aquarium back.

Been having the turtle for some time now and I have to say it's interesting. I expected a close relationship between me and my pet, but he is afraid of me and when I pick him up he uses his claws (long ones).
          But I think it's a matter of time. Last time I tried he let me slightly caress his head. smile

12. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Still shocked in Ohio. LOL

1. profile image0

shocked that pv and h are the same? but you know neither of the avatars of really a picture of me. smile

13. profile image0

I am leaving and pulling all of my hubs now. I quit HP. I can't keep up with all this shit. I am too disheartened to continue. I cannot trust anyone anymore. Alas, such sadness to depart when  I was having so much fun too. g'bye wink

1. profile image0

ralwus, that's great because then you can spend a whole lot of more time on Who's loving you. wink

2. XTASIS profile image59
      XTASISposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sad  Really ? Are you leaving ? yikes
      and I was waiting for your bite ! sad

1. profile image0

He is not. He was kidding with me.

1. tantrum profile image61
          tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hi pacal !!good to see you !! smile

1. profile image0

it's good to see you too. smile
            I just listened to Debi again. She is very nice. smile

well, thank you ! You can look her on facebook and be friends ! she will not reject you if you say you're a friend of mine

14. profile image0

I was just there, it's pretty dead. Missin something.LOL

15. profile image0

I'm upset because I also find that Xtasis is the trolly tantrum whom I also find out is a woman. sheesh! When will it all end?

lol lol
      xtasis is waiting for your bite ! big_smile

16. profile image0

Well I may bite now. I suppose darkside and Pam Grundy are one and the same too. I thought I'd die when I found out cindyvine was actually goldentoad! oops!

17. profile image49
    badcompany77posted 14 years ago

It's so damn confusing !

lol look who's talking ! lol big_smile

1. profile image49
        badcompany77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't you start, I am still coming to terms with you smile

Be my guest ! lol I will be waiting 4 U ! big_smile

2. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, well you started it all. LOL

1. profile image49
        badcompany77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok so when I was a kid I always wanted to be a Captain or a Doctor, we were a poor family and now at last I get to act out my childhood dreams, what's a guy to do, tis better than a tampon up the plum smile

18. profile image0

This place just keeps coming up with the best stuff there is I tell ya. big_smile

19. profile image48
    Redneckmanposted 14 years ago

I joined this site to meet real people as its just me and my old lady here in the woods. I was hoping to find love !

1. profile image0

You want love around here go to the religion thread

1. profile image48
        Redneckmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Pastor, I like your new age nudest church look, see you on Sunday but in the words of the song " Leave your hat on "

2. Jewels profile image81
        Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You won't find any there, sorry.

2. tantrum profile image61

with that freaking face ?? yikes
      Don't think so big_smile

1. profile image48

Hey lady I am the sexiest looking guy in my local bar !

I wouldn't go there then! gosh! It would be a nightmare ! lol

1. profile image48

Dont fight it lady I know you want me, feel free to mail me if you want, I have pics of me in my swimmin togs if you are interested smile

lol lol
              I will have wet dreams for sure ! lol

1. profile image48

smile

20. profile image0

that's why I told him the religion thread.

21. profile image0

that and my penis bag

1. profile image49
      HealthTipposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bit cocky ain't ya smile

22. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

lololol......I love my stay here at HP!people are all intelligent, interesting and amusing. I wish we have a psychologist hubber...for those who have schizo, but I admire them for their ability to change.....just enjoying reading all comments is all...

to ralwus: hope you change your mind you gonna stay at HP, read some of your articles and they are good ones...

1. profile image0

As Pacal said, I was lying. And now to read more of wimmins wet dreams, I wanna hear more from Tantrum.

Well, I'm sure you would like to hear more. but I would be banned in the process ! big_smile

1. profile image0

email me:D

lol lol naughty man ! Maybe you get a heart attack. I don't want to be responsible ! big_smile

2. profile image0
            Pachuca213posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am hurt...and I thought I was your one and only C.C. ! smile J/k!
            You just a playa baby!  play on! wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)