jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever flagged a hub, profile, or question?

1. bankscottage profile image95
    bankscottageposted 6 years ago

Have you ever flagged a hub, profile, or question?

Have you ever flagged a hub, profile, question, or comment?  Why did you flag it?  Do you know what happened after you flagged it?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I have at some point flagged anything that can be flagged on HubPages.  I do it because the material was somehow in violation of the terms of the site, and because admin asks us to please bring such material to their attention (which is what flagging does).

As for what happens later, I don't always go back and check.  But I have seen TOS violations corrected, I've seen totally inappropriate material unpublished and I've seen spam accounts banned.

3. Stephanie Henkel profile image97
    Stephanie Henkelposted 6 years ago

Yes, I've flagged a few hubs.  If I come across a hub while hub hopping that obviously violates HubPages rules and standards (foreign language,copied articles, spun, too short, etc.), I do flag it for review.  It is then up to the moderators to decide if the hub should remain published. I believe that requesting review of substandard articles helps to maintain a higher overall quality of articles on HubPages.

I don't usually check back to see what happened as the final decision is out of my hands. I've never flagged a comment or question.

4. xstatic profile image59
    xstaticposted 6 years ago

I flagged a couple that were completely commerical, just using HubPages as a billboard. I don't know what happened beyond that. Found them hubhopping.

5. brakel2 profile image79
    brakel2posted 6 years ago

I have flagged for poor grammar and spelling and spam per instructions. Hp staff reviews and decides. I have checked back and found a spammy  hub deleted.

working