Need Help Hubbers to deal with Blatant Plageriser chirag.2233

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (51 posts)
  1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 15 years ago

Yes, I need your support and help to both deal with, and punish a new Hubber called chirag.2233, who has started his membership of hubpages by immediately stealing not only an entire hub of mine and republishing it as his own work, but also at least two other fellow hubbers hubs, plus a number of articles off the Internet in general. I have flagged the hub he stole from me and the ones from my fellow hubbers, and other fans of mine have also flagged the copied hub. Currently it has still not been removed by hubpages admin, although this could be because it is still the weekend.

I have tried to comment on my copied hub, and email this person, only to find he deletes the comments when he realises they are there, and does not respond to the emails or delete the copied hub as requested. He has even deleted comments from other people pointing out he has copied my hub word for word. Right now there are a number of comments from myself and other hubbers on the hub he copied from me, so he obviously has not read them yet or he would have deleted them again by now.

People like this need to be expelled from Hubpages, and if they are still registered here they need to receive no support whatsoever, but DO need to get a really hard time from all the respectable people who write on this site.

Please join me in voicing your opinions of this so called hubber, (plageriser), both on this forum, and also on his hubs. To start you off the hub he has copied from me can be found at:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Twelve-reasons- … se-tonight

or his profile page for emailing can be found at:

http://hubpages.com/profile/chirag.2233

Thank you all for your support in making hubpages a better community, remember, it could be your work he steals next time!!

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You need to read the terms of service for this site as what you are doing is in no way the appropriate manner for dealing with such an issue.

mistyhorizon2003posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Have also followed the conventional routes too relache, and if you visit his hub you will see that many people feel the same way and are also flagging his various copied hubs etc. I reckon you would be pretty angry too if it were your work he had copied word for word.

1. relache profile image72
          relacheposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I've been writing on the internet for a decade now, and I've never once dealt with plagiarism by inciting mob mentality and organized attacks.

A bit of an extreme description relache as none of this is physical, only virtual as we are online, and not in an alleyway somewhere. Anyway, I tried the softly softly approach yesterday when I emailed him directly, and then posted on the copied hub asking him to unpublish it. He simply deleted the comments and ignored the email, so in my book he had a chance to do the right thing, and didn't. What happens after that he brought on himself. Everyone handles things differently and I am sure you are just as comfortable with your way of handling such situations as I am with mine.

1. SweetiePie profile image83
              SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

He deleted the comment I made last night on his hub about how he should not take people's work.  I think the way you are handling it is just fine as you have every right to protect your hubs smile.

Hi SweetiePie,

Well it seems to have worked as he no longer seems to exist on hubpages, even his profile is gone, along with all the copied hubs. Hooray, justice done. Perhaps he will think twice before he copies other people's work in the future.

I feel much better now smile smile smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I disagree. The more we make plagiarists suffer the less likely others will be to follow suit. Misty had every right to do it this way.Yes you flag them and contact HubPages but you can also let out your anger on a forum where other Hubbers gather so they can be on the look out for this person who might steal their work next.

1. ArtSiren profile image59
          ArtSirenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Glad this got sorted out - don't forget that apart from the creative content being stolen, there is also the not insignificant potential loss of page visits from search engines etc through dilution, and therefore income, so although important to all of us as writers, the plagiarism issue is also somewhat compounded.

I'll raise my head above the parapet, and back Relache though. I do feel that - having had no luck with emailing the miscreant, or commenting on the offending hub - an email to Hubpages Admin would have sufficed, along with a wait and see (it being the weekend) policy. Assuming this will have got the offender banished (as has been the case apparently), the issue of other Hubbers' work getting stolen would have disappeared automatically.

However, the outcome is a success so well done Misty!

2. countrywomen profile image60
    countrywomenposted 15 years ago

Misty- Not to seem dense here but we already discussed this issue yesterday: big_smile http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/10545

Thanks CW, I didn't realise that this had already been posted in a forum as I only got the link from Cris to this guy's copy of my hub. Anyway, any bad publicity for this Chirag guy is a good thing, and you can't have too much of a good thing LOL smile

1. countrywomen profile image60
        countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well of course this incident could become an example for others like him who want to join hub pages for a quick buck. Btw have you tried that route as mentioned in the other forum thread for a quick resolution. I am sure very soon action would be taken (as he even copied Paul Edmondson's article who is  the CEO of Hub pages) wink

Ok here is the response I copied from the other thread:
          Contact hub pages folks: copyright@hubpages.com with a subject line mentioning- "DMCA Complaint"

Here is the URL for taking care of such issues: http://hubpages.com/help/copyright_infringement

Thanks CW,

Not to appear too dense, but what is a "CEO" in terms of job description ?

Chief Executive Officer(CEO) is a person who is the top most executive in any company who reports to the Board of Directors: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_executive_officer

CEO of Hub Pages:  http://hubpages.com/profile/Paul+Edmondson

Thanks CW, wow, he made a big mistake there then smile

I guess if you have already followed this route then by tomorrow evening 5 pm (PST of USA) it should be taken care off. Have a good day. big_smile

3. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

Misty,
    I didn't realize he stole from you as I became a fan and told him to read my advise to a new hubber. That is wrong and I am removing myself from him as  he should not have stolen but created his own content. I am always nice as you know but that TICKS me off!!! It certainly is not acceptable. Misty does he know he stole your content?sad

Oh he knows all right as everyone is telling him off in the comments section of the copied hub, plus I have emailed him. All he does is delete the comments when he gets to them and ignores my emails. I reckon he has been flagged over 20 times by now on my hub alone, plus all the others he has published appear to be other people's work too.

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Misty,
        He just wrote one about sex and stole my idea and article info as I wrote one yesterday about the S word and he ad libbed and placed it in his words!!! HubPages, needs to boot him!!! I thought I would be nice but he is an @#$$. I think he is doing it because he knows we are good writers, however it is disheartening sad

I thought it was copied when I checked it out today, but couldn't find an exact match using a search, obviously because he had altered the words slightly. Annoying isn't it!!

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

I thought it was copied when I checked it out today, but couldn't find an exact match using a search, obviously because he had altered the words slightly. Annoying isn't it!!

It is very annoying apparently he is young and nieve and only wants to become popular by writing good things, but that certainly is not the way to do it:(

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
              Uninvited Writerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm not going to give him any sympathy. He obviously knows he has stolen the content and thinks he can just ignore it.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

I guess he is in for a shock tomorrow when he checks out his comments, and that is if Hubpages haven't already booted him out by then.

I hope he is gone!!! He had better be gone!!!! As it is wrong, there have been people here on hubpages who in error copied content and corrected once we pointed it out, however this young man, thinks it is o.k. and it certainly is not!!

4. profile image0
    Kellys Writingposted 15 years ago

Misty,
    I flagged his hub too. He should be out of here and never allowed back on.
    Sorry that you have to deal with someone like that.

Best Wishes,
    Kelly

5. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 15 years ago

That's pretty assinine and lazy at that. You'd think he would at least steal from a different sight.

But then I guess the plagarism thing and laziness kinda go hand in hand.

I will flag his hubs also.

6. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

Well done to everyone, keep the flags coming as we all need to work together to stamp out this kind of behaviour.

7. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

Believe me I am certain that he will continue to be flagged:D
    Where is Misha and Mark they are also our warriors!!smile

Good point, also Shadesbreath and Spryte could be helpful here. Will see if I can work out where Misha and the rest are right now if they are online.

Wonderful!!! I am on the hunt too!!! smile

2. AEvans profile image71

Wonderful!!! I am on the hunt too!!! smile

3. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LOL Cindy,

I am sorry, I don't really see how I can help smile An email to team@hubpages.com takes care of the problem nicely. You just need to wait till Monday smile The rest is just letting out your anger, which I don't want to stay on the way of smile

To tell you the truth you have to get used to this. Your writings are very good, and it will be copied over and over again smile

Look at this as recognition, this will make you feel better smile

8. LegendaryN8 profile image60
    LegendaryN8posted 15 years ago

That's crazy!  Keep an eye out for people like that.

9. VioletSun profile image80
    VioletSunposted 15 years ago

Just flagged him and left comments. I have never seen anything like this where someone steals several hubs at the same time. Its crazy! roll The hubteam will take care of it tomorrow, for sure.

10. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

-facepalm-

I love you Misty, but this is just crazy.

11. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

I have used the link CW posted to email the copyright section of hubpages, so let's see what happens now. By my reckoning he has now copied 4 hubbers articles at least, plus around 5 articles from the Net itself. My reaction may seem harsh and extreme, but if hubpages only forced him to remove the offending copied content he could still pick up fans in the future who didn't know he had ever done this. Ok, so he can change his name and Avatar if he really wants to, but on the assumption he doesn't, at least fellow hubbers are now forewarned. Hopefully he will be expelled altogether. As AEvans has said, she would not have known he copied her hub if it weren't for my posting this forum.

I hope tomorrow sees this resolved once and for all.

Thanks for all the support everyone.

12. alexadry profile image94
    alexadryposted 15 years ago

I tried to go on the plagiarized article but it seems like it is gone for good. Sorry this happened to you Misty. However, take it as good, it mostly happens to wonderful writers like you!

13. Laila Rajaratnam profile image67
    Laila Rajaratnamposted 15 years ago

Hi..Misty..this is outrageous! I went to the link,but the article is not there!I feel that you have dealt it in the right way!Congrats! But this is so.. soooo not right! Words fail me!smile

1. Laila Rajaratnam profile image67
      Laila Rajaratnamposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I meant the plagiarism is just soo not right..Misty..I hope there was no communication gap!smile

No you are fine, I understood you Laila. There were a couple of others, (who are entitled to their opinions of course), who didn't agree with how I handled this. You were not one of them though smile

14. Cris A profile image59
    Cris Aposted 15 years ago

Cindy
    Yes I just checked, all we have left to remember him is his avatar - which for all we know must have ben stolen too! LOL It seems the noise barrage worked! You can stop bitching around now! LOL Kidding aside, I'm glad it's over now, and you can go back to your normal hubbing ways! It's heartwarming to realize that a sense of community does exist in Hubpages.  Okay? So relax, chill, hub big_smile big_smile big_smile

15. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

Thanks Everyone for all your support as to how this was handled, and for helping to ensure this was dealt with swiftly.
    I know my methods were seen as tough by one or two others, but in my life taking the nice approach, or the expected route to justice has not often paid off, and I now try the conventional route first, followed by the not so nice alternatives if the normal route doesn't work. It's a bit like Boxing by Queensbury Rules, versus bareknuckle street fighting, where anything goes so long as you win.

1. Cris A profile image59
      Cris Aposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I cannot agree more! I would have done the same thing big_smile
      I
      In retrospect, it was your never-boring titles that helped out. If it weren't for that particular hub's title that has "Cindy" written all over it (the kind that sticks to the mind, and elicits a smile) I wouldn't have noticed it. That said, I hope something good shall come out of this.
      Good fight! big_smile big_smile big_smile

LOL, Thanks Cris, so far only two hubbers out of many didn't agree with how I handled this matter. I guess that isn't a bad percentage all things considered. smile

2. ajcor profile image60
      ajcorposted 15 years agoin reply to this

well done Misty - I have been out working (dirty word) so missed out on all the hiss and steam - but if it had happened to me I would have steamed up also - you acheved what you set to do and that is re - own your own work....good for you!

16. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

I am glad everything turned out okay in the end smile.

Me too SweetiePie. At least he has been dealt with now.

17. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

How annoying for you - but he's gone now!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)