jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What did you do with the first $50 you earned from HubPages?

1. hush4444 profile image68
    hush4444posted 6 years ago

What did you do with the first $50 you earned from HubPages?

Did you spend it all on an indulgence, keep it in your PayPal account, or use it for something else?

2. jonsswagger1978 profile image58
    jonsswagger1978posted 6 years ago

I kept mine in pay pal but I usually use my income from here on vista print to order supplies and so forth for my company.

3. somethgblue profile image87
    somethgblueposted 6 years ago

Alas I'm only at the 40 dollar mark, so another month and I can start saving for an Island. Of course at this rate it will have to be an island near Iceland and I will have to live to be 350 . . . but hey I'm patient!

4. bkgroup profile image49
    bkgroupposted 6 years ago

My first adsense payment was $127 & I donated whole amount to charity trust.

5. justateacher profile image81
    justateacherposted 6 years ago

If I ever get there, it will be saved so that I can eventually get my 501(c)3 status for my free tutoring business! (That's why I started HubPages in the first place!)

6. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

Hello hush4444. I will be using it on something frivolous. Like buying a diecast car or something I can use as a trophy of sorts. I'm half way there and look forward to it. After reading this question I do know I will be focusing  more attention on promoting others hubs. I kinda' like justateacher's motive for being here. I have a friend with that recognition 501(c)3. Her's with endangered species specifically tortoises and turtles. I owe her a visit too.

7. Joan King profile image70
    Joan Kingposted 6 years ago

I don't think I have reached the $50. mark on HP yet but I have on other sites that I have been writing on much, much longer and that has been left on my Paypal. On one occasion I withdrew some to invest in a laptop and a net book another time. So I see any money I earn from writing as an investment in writing.

8. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I gave it to my mom.  In fact....I give almost every single last dime I make on this site, and others....to my Mother.

I just owe her that much money - and I never seem to stop building up an even greater debt.  Lucky for me she's not counting....

9. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

I haven't gotten there yet, but whenever I do, I'll probably blow it on something stupid like beer or CDs.

working