jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are SEOs and backlinks?

1. Charu Bhatnagar profile image82
    Charu Bhatnagarposted 6 years ago

What are SEOs and backlinks?

I am a complete amateur when it comes to promoting traffic to my hubs, and very new to all this still! Sorry for asking a simple question like this one. But please help me, and guide me as tp what are SEOs and backlinks; and how to go about it.

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

My suggestion is to do a search here - many hubbers, myself included,  have written good hubs on both of these topics.  Also the learning center is a great resource for learning about both of these.  SEO is search engine optimization where you learn how to research keywords and write in a way that your work is found via searches.  Backlinking is how you promote hubs and get more weight for your links - backlinks can show that a hub is a valuable resource which gives it more weight with search engines and can give you higher search ranking.  It also helps visibility and getting people to read your hubs.  There is simply too much information to answer it all here so definitely look at the resources I mentioned.

3. Charu Bhatnagar profile image82
    Charu Bhatnagarposted 6 years ago

Thank you "ChristinS" and "loued51". It was helpful. :-)

4. profile image56
    wbapartnerposted 5 years ago

SEO is nothing but Search Engine Optimisation. You make changes to your site so that it has better chances of ranking in Google and other search engines. Creating backlinks is a part of SEO. I will briefly explain the steps i follow: 1.First, choose a keyword for your site 2. Use that keyword in the title tag, URL, H1, H2 tags and about 10 times in the body. 3. Bold, underline and italicise the keyword atleast once.  4. Create a few additional articles related to the keyword and submit it to sites like ezinearticles.com, hubpages.com, blogspot.com etc. with a link back to your site using the keyword as the anchor text from each of the article. This is actually creating backlink.

working