jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What's the best way to check if you've been a victim of Hubnapping?

1. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

What's the best way to check if you've been a victim of Hubnapping?

There is a lot of understandable concern among hubbers about their work being stolen from Hub Pages. So is there one best way to check if your work has been stolen and put on another site? There seems to be a lot of advice on this, but with different views. Many thanks for any responses.

2. shesacraftymom profile image76
    shesacraftymomposted 5 years ago

I think you can run your content on copyscape to see if you've been plagiarized. I use copyscape all the time to make sure my content here and for clients isn't too similar to other content on the internet, but it can be used the opposite way as well. It's cheap, too- 5 cents per check.

3. Dale Hyde profile image85
    Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago

I use the below free checker. Plus a copy/paste of a few sentences from various paragraphs into Google search will work at times.

http://searchenginereports.net/articlecheck.aspx

4. networmed profile image60
    networmedposted 5 years ago

Maybe copyscape will do. I have only 2 hubs but I typically use copyscape to check my other woks outside HP.

5. poshcoffeeco profile image81
    poshcoffeecoposted 5 years ago

If your hub has adsense ads on it, Google adsense will flag this up so long as you go into your adsense reports on a regular basis. They will tell you if your ads are appearing anywhere else and you will have to authorise the site to use them.
    I was told by a hub friend about one of mine being stolen so you will probably find that your friends will do the same.
    It is annoying,I know, but at the same time quite flattering.

6. Shawn May Scott profile image60
    Shawn May Scottposted 5 years ago

I just went right to the site and checked. Otherwise I am following this question to find out more.

working