jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you do, when you've been the victim of gossip?

1. Darknlovely3436 profile image82
    Darknlovely3436posted 6 years ago

What do you do, when you've been the victim of gossip?

I just want to wash some folks mouth out with soap.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5829010_f260.jpg

2. phoenixarizona profile image69
    phoenixarizonaposted 6 years ago

Hold your head high and smile!
    Let others think what they want of you. If you respond in any way shape or form, you are validating whatever gossip these people are spreading.
    Whatever the gossip is, if you carry on about your business the way you always have with a smile on your face and your head held high, sure they'll judge you but they will get bored with this endless gossiping.
    If you say or do something about it, not only do you validate what they say, but you give the gossipers more to talk about. Gossipers tend to twst stories and mince words, so correcting them or giving the gossipers the whole story will make a bigger problem for you.
    Just smile, nod politely and let them talk, obviously they have nothing better to do with their meager, pathetic little lives. smile

3. samanthamayer profile image72
    samanthamayerposted 6 years ago

Amen to phoenixarizona. I also think the very worst thing you can do is to run away from it all. If I may quote Mean Girls, 'the only thing worse than going back would be not going back'. Think what you like about the film, but it has everything to do with petty gossip at its worst! I have escaped from gossip situations before, and it doesn't give you any comfort in the long run. If anything, it gives people the affirmation that what they think about you is true, even if you're just hiding because you're hurt, not ashamed.

4. Hubpage Gal profile image61
    Hubpage Galposted 6 years ago

If I am a victim of gossip, I always consider the source or who started the bad news.  Most likely someone who delves in gossip is not of good character and do not deserve to have recognition of spreading false lies.  It is the person of a strong character that moves on from the gossip and concentrate on other important matters than that which is not true.

working