jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

When submitting our hubs to a ping site, is it a "once and done" process or does

1. jellygator profile image93
    jellygatorposted 5 years ago

When submitting our hubs to a ping site, is it a "once and done" process or does it need to be updat

If I entered jellygator.hubpages.com as my site, do the search engines continue to crawl it regularly or is this unreliable? Would it penalize a writer who submits their primary URL more than once? I'm clueless about this stuff!

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

You don't need to ping each time you do a hub, but you can if you want to.  You may get indexed a bit sooner by pinging, but Google is pretty fast about indexing hubs without it.  A ping just basically lets a search engine know to crawl for fresh content is all - and Google and other search engines do that pretty regularly on their own.  That being said, since it only takes a second I do regularly ping new hubs, webpages etc as I publish them.

3. Rob Winters profile image86
    Rob Wintersposted 5 years ago

You should only re-ping a site,page or blog if you update or make significant changes to it. There is no need to continually ping the same page or site and to do so could be frowned upon.

You can however ping each of your new hubs individually whenever you publish them and again only if you update or overhaul them in the future. Big established sites like hubpages get crawled regularly so it's not too big a deal here.If using different ping sites you also need to be careful as some of them may ping the same search engines/bots etc.and you could be duplicating (or more) your efforts.

Pinging is not a necessity but it can draw attention to your new or updated sites/pages somewhat quicker than would otherwise occur.

4. CrescentSkies profile image86
    CrescentSkiesposted 5 years ago

It's more like this, a ping tells the search crawler that your content has been updated. It'll check through and revise its information then rework your score accordingly.

Don't ping if you have no new hubs and don't ping every day or you'll get a penalty.