jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How much time do you spend checking hub stats: page views, feedback, traffic sou

1. DanaTeresa profile image83
    DanaTeresaposted 5 years ago

How much time do you spend checking hub stats: page views, feedback, traffic sources, etc?

Sometimes I think I would be better off spending less time checking my stats and more time writing. Other times I think I should check my stats because they let me know how my hubs are doing and I can use this to improve. Where is the balance?

2. Jenna Pope profile image59
    Jenna Popeposted 5 years ago

I go through spurts of obsessing about it and then not obsessing about it at all. There's no right way, I think.

3. Thundermama profile image91
    Thundermamaposted 5 years ago

I am still quite new to all of this so Itry to focus more on the writing side of things, but it's hard not Topeka at the stats at least once or twice a day. I like the feedback and it helps direct my writing in terms of which topics are doing well.

4. Heather Says profile image98
    Heather Saysposted 5 years ago

I make it a point to reply to any comments at least once a day.  Each morning when I wake up, I check my month-to-date Hubpages earnings and look at traffic very briefly.  Like Jenna, there are times I borderline obsess over this information.  Other times, I can go without looking, once for over a month.  I've become more mindful of my statistics and traffic sources as of late, while trying to promote my hub.

5. VirginiaLynne profile image98
    VirginiaLynneposted 5 years ago

I'm afraid I spend way too much time--partly why I finally decided to apply for the apprenticeship program.  I know that my odds of being accepted aren't too good but I think that I'd like a fast track for trying to figure out why some things work and others don't.  I have two hubs of 150 that account for 20% of my traffic.  How can I hit the jackpot on other hubs??