Just reached 100,000 views

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (48 posts)
  1. Writer Fox profile image31
    Writer Foxposted 10 years ago

I just reached 100,000 views on 35 Hubs. (I only had 2 beginning in May of this year.) So, you can get great traffic from Google on HubPages! I'm happy about the traffic, but I wish the CPM were higher.

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image73
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!!!  I love hearing about Hubbers reaching different milestones. I completely missed my 1,000,000 views milestone. Of course, I have been here a long time. It's great to reach new milestones like that, and know that you are on the right track. I don't think I had that many views with only 35 Hubs!!

Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. How could you miss noticing your milestone?  I know it takes a few days for the accolade to appear, but didn't you notice when you were getting close?  A million views from Hubs is quite an achievement.

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image73
          Anna Marie Bowmanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It was during a period of inactivity for me. I reached the milestone, and didn't know about it until I got back into writing on here. It had happened a few months prior.

2. Cardisa profile image87
      Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congrats WF, I remember the feeling of that particular milestone very well. Next you will be waiting for 500,000 (though there is no accolade for that) and then the 1 million mark...lol

Thank you! That could be a long wait unless I publish more Hubs.

3. Hikapo profile image76
      Hikapoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8473448_f248.jpg

I really like that accolade! I wish I could have that one instead of the one HP will give me LOL!

2. Billie Kelpin profile image84
        Billie Kelpinposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hikap, how did you do that image or where did you get it?  Really cute. It blends in and has no frame.  Very cool

1. Muttface profile image80
          Muttfaceposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ha ha! I always used to think that Writer Fox's picture was a horse with a pointy nose.

2. Hikapo profile image76
          Hikapoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol. I forgot where I got it from. Need to find that link. :X

4. Laura Schneider profile image84
      Laura Schneiderposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, Writer Fox! That is an accomplishment, indeed! You must be a master at picking the right topics and keywords to get all of that traffic--I just recently hit 100,000 views on my 75+ hubs after some of them had been published for over 3 years. I'm totally jealous and proud of you! Keep up the good work!

2. EGamboa profile image75
    EGamboaposted 10 years ago

Congratulations! You are a beacon of hope. I've only  published three so far, and the third has the lowest Hubpages rating. My score seems to swing between 79 and 87. It might have something to do with the topics as I'm not searching out specific 'key phrases' in search of a topic; but do it later to include in topic. I'm just writing randomly, about whatever comes to mind. My first was the best, so I must have lucked out on that one. Just getting a handle on the way the new Keyword Tool works; was trying to avoid it. :0

Thank you!  Your Hubber Score and Hub Scores have nothing to do with traffic.  They should, but they don't.  I always start with keyword research so I know what people want to find.

3. Billie Kelpin profile image84
    Billie Kelpinposted 10 years ago

Writer Fox, Congratulations.  Wow! That's a lot of views.  I know what CPC is but what is CPM?  Do you write summaries with different content for your hubs and link back to hubpages on bubblews.  That's not illegal to do.  For my children's book article, I took a different slant on bubblews and linked it back to the article and get hits there with more lucrative results.  I have a business blog too and when I blog about an article on hubpages, the google ads I have running on that page get clicks

I still think that the best thing we can do for each other and for all small business (and I checked this out with hubpages) is to notice the ads that appear on hubs we read, and if we are TRULY interested, then click the ads to help each other along.  Hubpage staff replied to me that if you are sincerely interested in an ad, it's ok to click.  I did that on a hub I read about fragrances and clicked on an ebay ad that introduced me to a place that sells lovely oils that I ordered right then and there.  Another time on a friend's blog I made a point to notice an ad and I can't remember now, but it was an ad for something that I really knew a friend of mine would love and passed it on. 

I have an app that I decided to give away as a free Android download (because no one will pay even 99 cents for an app).  I have had over 2000 downloads of that app and made 8 cents with Admob.  Eight cents!  It took me WEEKS to create that app.  I keep telling our adult kids that, like they say in that insurance commercial,  everything can't cost 5 cents!  If writers are going to survive to write another day, it's my feeling that we have to support each other in this way.  Again, I stress I'm not talking about spamming or any such thing - just NOTICING something we might be interested in and taking the time to click and check it out.  That's a small price to pay for reading a really informative or inspiring piece of writing!

Again, congratulations

Thank you, Bille. CPM is the amount you are paid on the HubPages Ad Program per 1,000 views. (I'm getting more than 10,000 views per week now.) The higher the CPM, the more money you make. You earn this in addition to Amazon, eBay and your personal AdSense.

I'm not on Bubblews but it sounds like a good place to get links.  I know that a few people have linked to my Hubs from there.

1. Billie Kelpin profile image84

WF,  Yep, It's a good place to set up your profile and then write a little blurb about your hub and then link to it.  For example, under "Business" or "Tech" or "Tutorials"  you could list all of your free picture hubs (Thanksgiving, Hearts, etc.)  with a title like, "Dress Up Your Blog"  or "Copyright Infringement - Me?"  or something and then give a little blurb about being careful with images on the web.  (I had a friend who was fined $1000 for using an istockphoto improperly)  It wouldn't have to be more than a few sentences then have a list of all your hubs with the free pictures and link back to them. 
        (I made $2 since the weekend) and didn't do a thing.  I only have a few little pieces there.  I'm sparky with a capital "S".  Let me know if you link there.  I have to follow some other people there as well - didn't get around to it!

2. Adept2012 profile image76
      Adept2012posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Billie Kelpin, you are right, I believe that writers should help one another. There is nothing bad if you click on the advert on your fellow writer page SO FAR you are clicking it because you find it relevant to you and NOT just spamming.

1. Billie Kelpin profile image84

Adept2012.  See?  I just went to your Scholar hub to see what ads were there.  (I'll read your article later, but wanted to see if my theory works).  So, we live in Laguna Hills, CA and are moving out of our condo.  My husband is a software engineer and we have lots of electronics to ditch.  Right there on your hub was an ad for OC electronics recyling!  They pick up!  I didn't know!  So I bookmarked it for later.  Ta DA!

1. Adept2012 profile image76
          Adept2012posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Beilie Kelpin, Thanks for stopping to check my article. I believe that together we can help one another.  It is nice knowing you.

4. ologsinquito profile image82
    ologsinquitoposted 10 years ago

Congratulations WriterFox. Thank you for sharing.

5. profile image0
    healthylife2posted 10 years ago

Congrats Writer Fox!! You did it in less than two years which is awesome and a goal I set for myself but will see what happens. Let us know when you reach one million!

1. Rock_nj profile image90
      Rock_njposted 10 years ago

Congrats Writer Fox.  Reaching the 100K milestone so quickly is a nice reflection on the quality of your writing.

2. Writer Fox profile image31

Thank you, Ologsinquito and Rock_nj.

Thank you, Healthylife2. Actually, I did it in six months. All but two of my Hubs have been published since May. (I published three of them in the last 30 days and I didn't count the one I published yesterday.)

3. LCDWriter profile image90
      LCDWriterposted 10 years ago

That's fantastic Writer Fox.  I follow what your hubs and your posts.  You have great insights.

Thank you!  I follow you, too.

4. Nimesh De Silva profile image65
      Nimesh De Silvaposted 10 years ago

That's a great achievement. HubPages strong online presence is definitely a help to the articles we post.

5. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 10 years ago

Congrats!

6. brianlokker profile image95
      brianlokkerposted 10 years ago

Congratulations! That's an excellent achievement, and it's well deserved!

7. FlourishAnyway profile image96
      FlourishAnywayposted 10 years ago

Terrific job, Writer Fox!  I love hearing about others' success.

8. profile image0
      RTalloniposted 10 years ago

Congrats on your milestone!

9. janshares profile image92
      jansharesposted 10 years ago

Hey Writer Fox, yeay for you, great news! Congratulations on this milestone. You're a good hubber in more ways than one. smile

10. sparkleyfinger profile image85
      sparkleyfingerposted 10 years ago

Congrats!!!! Big milestone! smile

11. Adept2012 profile image76
      Adept2012posted 10 years ago

Congrats Writer Fox

12. brakel2 profile image73
      brakel2posted 10 years ago

Congratulations for a great achievement. In five months, you have reached a milestone many people hope to achieve after two or three years. I have been here three years, and your feat amazes me. Maybe you could write a hub on finding success quickly on HubPages.  Cheers   Audrey

13. EGamboa profile image75
      EGamboaposted 10 years ago

Oh, yes, I agree with Brakel2, that would be a good article. I'm a newbie, of course!

14. prospectboy profile image86
      prospectboyposted 10 years ago

Congrats! That's a great accomplished, especially with only 35 hubs. I'm sitting at a little over 70,000 views, so that 100,000 milestone is my next goal.

15. Gcrhoads64 profile image90
      Gcrhoads64posted 10 years ago

Awesome Writer Fox! How inspiring.  smile

16. agilitymach profile image92
      agilitymachposted 10 years ago

Hey!!!  Congrats!!!

17. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years ago

Congratulations. smile

18. susi10 profile image95
      susi10posted 10 years ago

Congratulations Writer Fox! That is a very worthy milestone to reach and I'm sure it took you a lot of hard work and endurance! Well done and here's to one million! big_smile

19. Dennis AuBuchon profile image63
      Dennis AuBuchonposted 10 years ago

Congratulations Writer Fox.  Continued success in the future.

20. sallybea profile image94
      sallybeaposted 10 years ago

That is pretty awesome - congratulations - may you go from strength to strength.

21. LongTimeMother profile image92
      LongTimeMotherposted 10 years ago

Is this the face of a surprised woman? lol. You obviously have your finger on the pulse of the internet. smile  Congratulations.

22. srsddn profile image89
      srsddnposted 10 years ago

Writer Fox, congratulations! I am sure it will motivate many to work hard and achieve better results. Good luck to you for your future Hubbing.

23. Writer Fox profile image31

I thank you all for your kind comments.  Just got the accolade.

24. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 10 years ago

Woohoo great job! Now onto a million!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)