jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Using more than one HubPages profile.

1. RunAbstract profile image78
    RunAbstractposted 5 years ago

Using more than one HubPages profile.

If you have more than one HubPages profile, is it okay to comment on your own Hubs at one profile from the "persona" of another profile?  What if you suspect someone is doing it?

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

I would say it is relatively harmless and childish. I don't think it can be against the rules as such. But it is unfair to other users, who may be deceived by such behavior. If I believed someone was cheating in this way, I wouldn't take any action, other than ignore such a Hubber and their work in the future.

3. lobobrandon profile image90
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

What are you going to gain by doing something like that? If you want to share it you can always use the share button without leaving a comment.

4. Phelcky profile image61
    Phelckyposted 5 years ago

I think that would be weird. Commenting on your own hubs through another profile, seems a little desperate and pathetic smile

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have also seen something similar by people commenting repeatedly on their own hubs without logging in. Using different names, like they have a lot of fans.

2. Phelcky profile image61
      Phelckyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well they are just cheating themselves.

3. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I doesn't give prestige, I'd agree.

5. Lisa HW profile image71
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

It's kind of obvious when some people do that, but if I suspected someone was doing it I'd pretty much write them off as far as my own being bothered reading their Hubs went.  The HP team has access to everyone's stuff.  If they want to be bothered checking into any one, individual's, activities they can.  I figure that other Hubbers aren't my problem (as long as they don't bother me).

Some people may be better at doing that kind of thing than others, but a lot of people make themselves look really stupid and unprofessional to anyone who recognizes what they're doing.  It's up to them if, for some reason, having fake comments on their Hubs works for them.  hmm

Not everyone with more than one account does "funny business".  I have two accounts in names that people wouldn't recognize (although if someone who knows me were to be bothered, he'd probably recognize the writing style that I make no effort to change or hide).  I wanted to be able to be freer to write about some subjects than I can be under this account.  I'm grown-up and "professional" enough that I disabled comment capsules on Hubs on those accounts simply because I don't want to get into the whole "multiple personalities thing" when interacting with others on this site.

There's so much phony foolishness that goes on on the Internet and on a site like this, I generally avoid anyone that I suspect of engaging in that kind of thing; and I don't take part in any of it myself.   Whatever else goes on with what others do is something that HubPages can worry about (or not) and something Google can worry about (or not).  smile

working