jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Does the Amazon earnings program pay based on number of clicks or only when a pu

1. Crystal Tatum profile image88
    Crystal Tatumposted 5 years ago

Does the Amazon earnings program pay based on number of clicks or only when a purchase is made?

2. vims003 profile image45
    vims003posted 5 years ago

i think it is so.by clicking it will not happen....

3. sandonia profile image84
    sandoniaposted 5 years ago

You earn a "commission" on purchases derived from your associate links. So, if a person follows one of your links to Amazon and purchases something, you make money. If they purchase nothing, then you don't make money. The benefit about the Amazon program is that the person does not have to purchase just the product you link to. If they purchase anything from Amazon within a given time span then you get a share of the profits.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

Amazon only pays based on items purchased after visiting your page. It's percentage based so you're looking at a few cents per purchase, depending on how much the product was. There have been months where I sold nothing, and others where enough items shipped that I got a ten dollar payout in one month. So it fluctuates a lot.

5. Dawnrichard profile image60
    Dawnrichardposted 5 years ago

Yes if someone will buy from your link what is given on your hub then you will get some money.

Dawnrichard

6. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

You earn commissions from Amazon only when an item is purchased, and you only keep that commission if the item isn't returned.  If the person who bought the item returns it, you'll see the commission deducted.  That can be a bit of a downer when looking at the holiday totals...

7. Bretsuki profile image76
    Bretsukiposted 5 years ago

As most answers show Amazon only pays on a sale basis.

Bear in mind that Amazon also does not pay on current months sales bu holds payments for 90 days. This is to allow for returns of purchases. So an item purchased on your affilliate account in May will be credited to your account in may but you will not be paid that commission until August and then only if you have accrued the minimum $10 payment threshold.

If you don't reach the $10 minimum payment threshold then that credit rolls over from month to month until the threshold is passed.

For this reason I would suggest making your Amazon account available over several websites, blogs etc. You may expect about 1% of clicks to produce a sale and so you need to create a lot of traffic to make regular income.

working