jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What happened to the reply button on the comment section?

1. Patkay profile image91
    Patkayposted 5 years ago

What happened to the reply button on the comment section?

I have realized the reply button is becoming available only after you scroll all the way down to the comment box, type your reply and hit the post comment button. Anyone with an explanation to this?

2. Teresa Schultz profile image81
    Teresa Schultzposted 5 years ago

Hi Pat - this is usual for me, so I don't fully understand your question - unless you've been experiencing the comment box appearing elsewhere on the page beneath a hub, and now it's appearing for you as it always has for me.

Also, I don't know if it makes a difference as to the where the comment box gets positioned, but some hubbers set their comments capsule to have their most recent comments appearing first as you scroll down, and perhaps that would mean the comments box appears at the top of all the comments.

You'd have to look at some hubs, check the dates on the comments, and see if this is true (that hubbers who set their comments capsule to have their latest comments appear first have their comment box appear at the top, and that those hubbers who set their comments capsule to have their oldest comments appear first have their comment box appear at the bottom.)

If you mean that the post comment button becomes visible (wherever the comment box itself appears) only after you type a comment, it could perhaps be that you are experiencing a slow Internet connection, even if just temporarily, and the button has not yet loaded to the page.

Patkayposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My case is what you have mentioned on your last paragraph, but I doubt if it is a slow internet speed.After approving a comment, the reply button doesn't appear. It will only appear after I post the comment using the comment box beating the logic.

3. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 5 years ago

This question was recently asked in the "Report a Problem" forum. You can find the staff response and explanation there: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/97577#

Hope this helps!

JSMatthew~

4. Motherbynature profile image77
    Motherbynatureposted 5 years ago

I was just about to ask this question.  I see that you asked 2 months ago so now I'm wondering... are they going to fix it?

Patkayposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It seems like they don't realize there is problem. I even tried to cantact HP support and nothing was done.

working