jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Is there any way to change what Google shows underneath your title in a search?

1. RyanBuda profile image91
    RyanBudaposted 5 years ago

Is there any way to change what Google shows underneath your title in a search?

I don't really like what google gives as additional information for my pages in its search engine. I also feel that it will hurt my traffic flow. is there any way I can change the summary google gives my page?

2. profile image0
    Team Leaderposted 5 years ago

Hello Ryan,

I am not an SEO expert like i.e. GreekGeek (http://greekgeek.hubpages.com/) but as far as I understood Google either uses your title description which you can change in your HTML or they look for the place where your keywords appear. If you follow the SEO hubs here on HubPages you will be able to learn a lot more about SEO. I am also reading SEO for Dummies at the moment, this is a really good book for those kinds of questions.

Your 'Team Leader'

3. Sally's Trove profile image81
    Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago

If you are talking specifically about your hub pages titles, the info google displays in a search is what you put in your hub's summary. At least that's the theory. I have found that, even though I change a hub's summary, what was originally written there still shows up in google searches for a very long time.

If you are blogging on blogspot, each post you write has a field for a summary similar to a hub's summary, but it's called "Search Description" and can be changed at any time. The Search Description text is what will show up underneath your page title.

1. sandybrownpop profile image61
      sandybrownpopposted 3 years agoin reply to this

interesting post thank you for posting,,,,,,

4. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 5 years ago

I believe that you are referring to the "Hub Summary". You can create your own Hub Summary (recommended) or Google will create one for you. I have found that Google's auto-generated descriptions can be awkward and not on target with your Hub content.

If you go to "My Account" where you can edit your Hubs, you may notice an "A" right after your individual Hub links. This means that you are missing a custom summary. If you click "Edit" on your Hubs, (one at a time) and you look at the tool bar to the right, you will see a few fields (reorder, tags, settings, Summary, groups).

Click on "Summary" and you can enter 2-5 sentences that describe what your Hub is about. This allows people to get a "preview" of what your page is about when they find it in search engines. For more information on how and why to add summaries to your Hubs, follow this link to the HubPages Learning Center: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/How- … ub-Summary

Hope this Helps!

JSMatthew~

1. RyanBuda profile image91
      RyanBudaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the comments everyone. I have only recently written a summary, so the one google has generated isn't as good as the ones I want. Is there any way to have the google generated one replaced?

working