jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

There is a new summary box for hubs (underneath the title) - how are you using i

1. Louise Lately profile image68
    Louise Latelyposted 5 years ago

There is a new summary box for hubs (underneath the title) - how are you using it?

...and are you adding summaries to all your historical hubs? I'm guessing this new box is for SEO purposes.

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Yes, it is highly recommended that you sum up what your hub is about in 2 to 3 sentences. If not you will see a symbol beside your hub in your stats.

Louise Latelyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ah ok, thank you for letting me know - will have to fill this box in for all my hubs smile

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are very welcome!!  smile

3. JimTxMiller profile image76
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

A concise yet catchy summary will help with search engine optimization. More importantly, it will help attract potential readers when you and others share your hubs. The summery is the blurb that will show up on Facebook, Google+ posts when a hub is shared.

Thanks for your answer Jim! Do you share your hubs with friends on Facebook? I have been too much of a chicken to do it just yet.

2. JimTxMiller profile image76
      JimTxMillerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

When I first began blogging I was reluctant to self-promote. So I started tagging my sharing posts on FB as Shameless Self Promotion. Now I share everything I write on FB, Google+, LinkedIn, etc with my HP referral tracker code in the links.

3. Louise Lately profile image68

Thanks Jim! Perhaps I will have more courage to do it once I produce some more material. Could I ask what an HP referral tracker code is?

4. JimTxMiller profile image76
      JimTxMillerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

See http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/referral-program for a full explanation of the tracker code and how to use it.

4. Jackie Lynnley profile image88
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 5 years ago

Yes a summary is important to be your search engine words and I notice this summary now is shorter so you may want to give it a good thought thinking of this.

Yes good point - fewer words but higher impact:)

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

Pardon me, where can i find the new summary box; for "start a new hub" or hubs that had been published? I can't find them....

When you edit your hub there is now a new summary box added underneath the title - did you find it?

2. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

yes, found it. Thanks. Looks better too.

working