jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it considered rude not to follow back?

1. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Is it considered rude not to follow back?

I have a few followers who I think are good writers. However they do not write about things that interest me. So is it rude if I don't follow them back?

2. Becky Katz profile image84
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

I would not think that was rude. If we followed everyone that followed us, it would be an impossible situation. I just follow those that I can and will read. I prefer that those who follow me would read my work. Some people follow anyone who reads their hubs. I can't do that.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I don't follow everyone who follows me, nor do I expect everyone I follow to return the favor. I do check out any new follower's profile and read at least one of their hubs. If it looks like something I'd like to see in my feed, then I'll follow.

4. Princess Prisca profile image61
    Princess Priscaposted 5 years ago

Very good question.  I agree 100% with the comments of Becky Katz and Sherry Hewins.  I used to go to read the profiles of my followers and one or two of their hubs that interest me according to the titles.  I would then decide to follow them based on those two aspects.

I have had people follow me without reading or commenting on any of my hubs.  I have also had people follow me that  read one of my hubs and commented on it.

Right now, I have close to 70 follows that do not read my work, or comment on my hubs or offer me encouragement or support in any way shape form or fashion.  (If I didn't know any better, I would think they were following me for the sake of wanting to be on my feed...)

With all of the above being said, I no longer follow anyone. 

I don't find it to be rude or crude not doing so.

Ciao...Princess Prisca

5. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

not in the least. the reason we follow people are because we can relate to them, are interested in what they have to say etc. i don't follow anyone who writes about the glory of some god or about celebrities.

6. Cam Anju profile image73
    Cam Anjuposted 5 years ago

I don't think so. People follow me if they want to, and I follow them if I want to. I don't feel obligated to follow anyone who follows me, and I don't think anyone else should either.