jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What is considered good HubPages "netiquette"?

1. Tricia1000 profile image73
    Tricia1000posted 5 years ago

What is considered good HubPages "netiquette"?

Netiquette refers to etiquette on the Web, in this case HubPages be it participating in forums, asking or answering questions, or commenting on Hubs.

2. TToombs08 profile image74
    TToombs08posted 5 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6700801_f260.jpg

My view on netiquette is: start with being respectful and not flaming a person for their views. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it might conflict with someone else's opinion, but neither are wrong. Secondly, being courteous and helpful with comments. We are all here to learn and practice, so helpful and encouraging comments are most helpful. And lastly, treat others the way you would want to be treated and practice those good manners grandma insisted you learn. smile

1. Tricia1000 profile image73
      Tricia1000posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks I agree with your view.  I would like to add that hubbers' responses to questions should also not be voted down by other hubbers for no apparent reason.

2. TToombs08 profile image74
      TToombs08posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good point, Tricia1000! I only vote an answer down if the person responding is personally attacking the person asking the question. There's not justification for that, other than bad manners. smile

3. steinbergr profile image71
      steinbergrposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I want to comment on the voting down, I feel that when you answer a question the answer should be relevant, if not then it has a right to be voted down.

working