jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Amazon Capsules verus eBay Capsules

1. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 10 years ago

I just looked at the data for amazon and ebay capsules across HubPages over the last 14 months.  The click through rate for a capsule is typically in the 2-3% range. Over the year revenue per click is about 30% higher for eBay capsules, except in December where the roles were reversed and Amazon did significantly better.  On average, an amazon or ebay capsule will be worth about a dollar for every thousand hub views.  Of course, if the products aren't directly related to your content the value will likely be significantly lower.

Some suggestions from this data:

- For your hubs getting significant traffic, it is worth a little effort to make sure the products match well in your capsules
    - When in doubt, consider using an eBay capsule
    - Next December, you may want to consider switching your highest traffic hubs to Amazon capsules

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 10 years ago

Thank you Paul, this is very useful information that I will use.

3. Marye Audet profile image90
    Marye Audetposted 10 years ago

Thanks Paul...I have had much better response with the Amazon than the ebay, though....so I removed my ebay.

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Me too.

4. spuds profile image59
    spudsposted 10 years ago

Thanks for the info Paul. I make a rule of trying to have relevant Amazon and eBay products on all my hubs.

5. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 10 years ago

I'm sure I saw some advice not to start using eBay capsules until you had good traffic, because if you don't make any sales within a certain period, eBay will deactivate your account. 

My question is, if that's the case, how much traffic is good traffic?

working