jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you use the video feature on HubPages?

1. Anishpat profile image80
    Anishpatposted 5 years ago

Do you use the video feature on HubPages?

If so, what has your experience been like?

2. WD Curry 111 profile image61
    WD Curry 111posted 5 years ago

Yes. It uploads much quicker than YouTube, but it beats down the file quite a bit.

I put up some rudimentary animation, and on my set up it gets stuck a bit here and there. If you let it play through first, like you do on a slow connection with YouTube, it just starts over with the streaming and runs the same.

When I put one of my silly animations up, I accidently uploaded an old version. I can't figure out how to swap it for a newer one. I posted a how to question, but it is very lonely. No one has responded, yet.

Personally, I like the idea, and think the management was wise to open up the option. I am working with some young folks in their production company and plan on doing a short documentary on some successful, creative business models as a trailer for a project. The possibilities are endless.

I know some writers balk at the feature, but writing for "film" is a valid venue and has been for many years. Even if you don't use a script, it is still the same thought process.

3. algarveview profile image88
    algarveviewposted 5 years ago

No, I came to hubpages to write, so I don't see the point... I know it probably is the "future" and so and so forth , but for me it makes no sense, because what I like to do is to write...

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image98
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

I have used it in the past but not for my own videos.  It can be a problem if videos are removed by their makers, so I now only use them when I think they'll really enhance my writing.  For me, keeping it simple is better.

5. JamaGenee profile image85
    JamaGeneeposted 5 years ago

Call me an old fuddy-duddy, but with the exception of a couple of YouTube vids 100% relevant to the subject of the hub, I don't see the point of adding videos to hubs. Or even worse, calling a hub that contains only a self-produced video a "hub".  Hubpages, after all, was established as a WRITERS' site - and a unique one at that! - not a wannabe imitation of YouTube. 

IMHO, if a hubber can't convey his/her thoughts, research, opinion, etc. through the written word and perhaps a few well-chosen photos or images, then maybe that person should find another venue. ;D

6. ashish04joshi profile image72
    ashish04joshiposted 5 years ago

Haven't really used it till now.
    I'm new to HubPages so still learning.
    I checked out the learning center about it...I myself am interested in using videos for my future hubs.

7. brenda12lynette profile image84
    brenda12lynetteposted 5 years ago

I have not felt the need used it yet. I focus on writing and pictures with my hubs.