jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Broken laptop!!

1. cmlindblom profile image79
    cmlindblomposted 7 years ago

You know what my problem is... I broke my laptop accidentally under the influence of alcohol and now I have to drive like 2 miles just to get on the computer....

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

ouch! gotta be more careful dude! hope you get a new laptop soon

3. cmlindblom profile image79
    cmlindblomposted 7 years ago

yea me too but im moving out of the barracks and into an apartment now soo ima just get a desktop for now i think... too much money for stupidity

4. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

desktop will work for now. and YAY moving out of the barracks lol

5. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

Don't overpay, there are always good deals available on sites like gotapex and slickdeals.  For most uses the low end processors with integrated video is plenty fast, just be sure to get at least 3gb of memory.  It's easy to find a decent desktop for $300-450, depending on whether you need a monitor and what size.

cmlindblomposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Ill dbe sure to check that out... like now actually

6. jdaviswrites profile image86
    jdaviswritesposted 7 years ago

I did the same thing. It turns out my laptop doesn't like rum and coke as much as I do. So much for everything that ever exsisted on my harddrive. I think i'm going for a Mac this time but also a little hesitant to make the switch. I'll check out those sites, thanks pauldeeds.

Macs are pretty tight. I had an hp but Im definately thinking of making the switch because you can just do alot more with mac but the transition is hard

7. profile image0
    directsaurabhposted 7 years ago

My laptop just fell down and got cracks. I think 4 years is big enough for it survive without cracks. Half of TFT is also not working. I would say DELL can be good option now.

8. Dink96 profile image60
    Dink96posted 7 years ago

The transition to a Mac is NOT hard.  I am like your mother's age and if I can do it, you young whippersnappers can do it.  If you get into a pinch, there's plenty of places both online and where you bought it to get help.  For me, a Mac knows what you want to do almost before you do it, hence the intuitiveness of it.  As I like to say, "Once you've had a Mac, you'll NEVER go back (to a PC).   Trust me, they cost a little more, but they are WORTH every dime.  I think mine has locked up twice in about 6 mos. and I think 1x was operator error :-)  Plus, they will impress chicks.  Good luck!

impress chicks?? whats that about

working