Do you use laptops or tablets when writing your hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Moses Wafula profile image72
    Moses Wafulaposted 9 years ago

I use my phone from Mombasa. I hope to raise money for a laptop. The experience of using a phone isny pleasing. What do you guys use when writing your hubs?

2. profile image52
    sanageposted 9 years ago

nice post....................

--------------------------------------
    sara

3. taiwokareem profile image60
    taiwokareemposted 9 years ago

On the laptop. I only edit with my phone

Moses Wafulaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I thought the other way round is more effective

4. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image83
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 9 years ago

I use desktop.

5. Wendy L Henderson profile image65
    Wendy L Hendersonposted 9 years ago

I use a laptop.

6. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

Laptop

7. handymanbill profile image76
    handymanbillposted 9 years ago

I use a desktop

8. Moses Wafula profile image72
    Moses Wafulaposted 9 years ago

Well many of those who replied to this are categorized in to two. Men who mostly use Desktops and women who mostly use Laptops. Very few people use their phones. Does the tool used affect the quality of the hub?

9. CassandraCae profile image83
    CassandraCaeposted 9 years ago

Everything.   I use my phone,  tablet,  desktop,  and laptop,  depends on my mood and location.

10. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 9 years ago

I use a tablet and desktop.

11. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

Mostly my desktop, but I also have a laptop I use sometimes when I need a change of scenery or want to work outside my home.

12. lisavollrath profile image92
    lisavollrathposted 9 years ago

Desktop. I don't own a laptop or a tablet, and I would find it difficult to do anything on my phone.

I agree. Most of the time I have spelling issues on my hubs

13. esmonaco profile image67
    esmonacoposted 9 years ago

Always my laptop.

14. InfoLinkzone profile image58
    InfoLinkzoneposted 9 years ago

Dell Laptop

Well..so the make of the laptops matters too?

15. Chocolatealchemy profile image70
    Chocolatealchemyposted 9 years ago

I use a laptop ...but oh how I miss my desktop pc!

16. favored profile image63
    favoredposted 9 years ago

I use a desktop, it would be nice to use a laptop but it's too small to see.

really? A laptop too small?No way

17. DealForALiving profile image78
    DealForALivingposted 9 years ago

Laptop all the way. Will sometimes write a paragraph or two on phone when waiting in line for something, but that's it.

18. Jayne Lancer profile image91
    Jayne Lancerposted 9 years ago

I use a laptop.

19. Penny G profile image61
    Penny Gposted 9 years ago

I use my apple desktop, I have an iPad but don't use it much. When I retire I will get IMAC lap top will be the only way to go in the RV

20. Dressage Husband profile image68
    Dressage Husbandposted 9 years ago

I use a laptop most of the time, but do have a Blackberry Playbook, however for some reason Hubpages does not work on the Playbook as the drop down menus used refuse to stay open and navigation of the site is almost impossible. Since the Playbook uses Apple software as well as their own I would expect this problem on other platforms for tablets. Squidoo did not have these issues (Paul Edmonston - take note).

If you have areas in Mombasa where you can get public WiFi I recommend a laptop so you can write from those places. Both a phone and a tablet may not work, as most sites are still optimized for desktop browsers.

I hope that helps you.

21. TDowling profile image59
    TDowlingposted 9 years ago

I use a laptop and during my research I have lots of Chrome and Firefox tabs open. Just got a smartphone. (I know, where I been?) It's a Galaxy Note 3. Love it. I'm typing away using a stylus. Learning all kinds of things I can do with it-- like quickly taking screen captures and writing on them. I can see myself using both devices in the future.

Peace -TD

22. profile image0
    belizaposted 9 years ago

I use a desktop, I have a very hard time typing with a small screen or on a tablet.

23. Linda BookLady profile image80
    Linda BookLadyposted 9 years ago

I'm using a 17" laptop.

24. Thelma Alberts profile image91
    Thelma Albertsposted 9 years ago

I used my laptop most of the time.

25. mdgardner profile image90
    mdgardnerposted 9 years ago

I use my laptop(s). I have made some minor changes with my cell phone. I don't think I could do an entire hub on a tablet unless it was one of those with the keyboard attachment.

26. snakeslane profile image79
    snakeslaneposted 9 years ago

Laptop.

27. Arachnea profile image65
    Arachneaposted 9 years ago

I use a laptop sometimes or my desktop. Since I store my images and writing on my desktop, I usually finish up there. A tablet wouldn't serve my purposes as I'd then have to carry a compatible mouse and keyboard around in order to meet my needs.

28. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 9 years ago

A laptop hooked to a large monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers.  When at home it is effectively a desk top.

29. The-skyelight profile image74
    The-skyelightposted 9 years ago

I use my Nook tablet, and an Android phone.

30. AliciaC profile image92
    AliciaCposted 9 years ago

I use a tablet to create my hubs. Occasionally I have to use a borrowed laptop to do a job that can't be done on the tablet. The tablet - an iPad - does most of what I need, though.

31. word55 profile image70
    word55posted 9 years ago

I use both a Laptop or computer. I type it in a word processor like Microsoft Word and then paste into the hub. As I go throughout my day I can use my laptop as I go from place to place. Most  restaurants and eateries have open wireless signals to attract customers. I take my laptop everywhere I go so, sometimes, I can read hubs, respond to questions and make comments. I may even complete a hub and publish it while I'm out and about. When I travel, I take my laptop and can write at times. So, it all depends.

32. misterhollywood profile image91
    misterhollywoodposted 9 years ago

I use a desktop for writing. If I'm in the forums or checking out other hubs I'll use a tablet. Great question by the way - I've always wondered what other folks here use!

33. Sue Adams profile image96
    Sue Adamsposted 9 years ago

I normally use a laptop but when I'm away from home (like now) I use a small 7 inch tablet which is OK for replying to comments, participating in forums, small edits and checking stats. However it doesn't work very well for uploading images. I would never use the small Android tablet for writing a whole new hub.

34. bibliopola profile image81
    bibliopolaposted 9 years ago

I use my laptop and write at home. But I consider writing with ipad when I go to holiday. I think I can write a hub with it.  I will try.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)