jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Does posting your hubs on social bookmarking sites like Reddit really help your

1. sethpowers profile image68
    sethpowersposted 5 years ago

Does posting your hubs on social bookmarking sites like Reddit really help your hub traffic?

Just wondering if it's worth the time to repost my hubs on sites like this. Please provide numerical figures for reference if you have them.

2. yeagerinvestments profile image85
    yeagerinvestmentsposted 5 years ago

I haven't really found much benefit from it. I have used those sites for a few of my articles and it seems like it makes little if any difference. I don't think Google likes people doing that either.

sethpowersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the insight. Have you had any luck with earnings here on HubPages? I ask because we have similar stats so I was wondering if earnings are more based on time or content.

2. yeagerinvestments profile image85
      yeagerinvestmentsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I actually took a hiatus from writing on here for about a year and when I came back at the end of last month I discovered the Ad program and signed up. This has been my first full month with it and so far I've seen about $6. I want to grow that!

3. sethpowers profile image68

Thanks again. Make sure to let me know how it goes!

3. MelChi profile image82
    MelChiposted 5 years ago

I've found an increase in traffic to some of my hubs when posting on Reddit. Just make sure you don't continuously post your hub links there, apparently you should mix it up by posting links to other websites, etc.

How much of an increase are we talking about here?

4. JBrumett profile image59
    JBrumettposted 5 years ago

I posted 2 articles on reddit to see if it would help earlier today.  No dice.  One was a review of Nevada Football team though, and if it's not about a upper echelon team such as Ohio State, LSU, or Virginia Tech...they usually don't get a lot of response.  The other was for Dragon Age review which is a popular game/movie series, and no response either.  So, I'm not sure what to make of that site.  Could be bad luck on my choice of articles, or people just don't bother to look at links.

Sounds clear enough for me. I'll spend more time writing hubs instead of promoting them!

working