jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Is it a good idea to include an ebay capsule in every hub?

1. CJWood71 profile image85
    CJWood71posted 5 years ago

Is it a good idea to include an ebay capsule in every hub?

Or is it better to only use the ebay capsules in certain types of hubs?  I am interested in hearing the opinions of other hubbers on this matter.

2. bankscottage profile image95
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

As a reminder, you have to have a Google AdSense account to get an eBay account to make any money off of placing eBay ad  capsules on your Hubs.  If you don't have an AdSense account, you can only make money on HubPages with Amazon capsules.

EBay capsules would be useful if you are writing about a specific topic that would have similar items available on eBay.

For example, an article on personal finance may do better with an Amazon capsule with books on the topic you are writing about than an eBay capsule (but may work if you were writing about safes for in your home).  An article on camping may do well with an eBay capsule for camping equipment (an Amazon capsule may work well here also).

Since I haven't been approved for an Adsense account yet, I tend to use mostly Amazon capsules, but I have used a few eBay capsules because I thought they fit the Hub.  One down side of Amazon capsules, you don't make money just because your reader clicks on the ad.  The reader has to actually purchase the item for you to make any money.  Many hubbers feel that there is a low yield for Amazon capsules.  I guess it depends on the specific topics you write about.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I've been thinking about that ever since Ebay approved my account. As I added a capsule, I was thinking what on earth would Ebay be selling that would have to do with a poem?

Also if you list auction items do we have to do more hub maintenance to be sure we don't have a listing for an auction that has closed?  I don't know, I'm still learning.

1. CJWood71 profile image85
      CJWood71posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I just got approved for an Ebay account and have been wondering the same thing.  You also raised another question I had not even thought of regarding how auctions are handled when the auction ends.

4. cheaptoys profile image60
    cheaptoysposted 5 years ago

yes why not can help you get some income

5. PickingProfits profile image76
    PickingProfitsposted 5 years ago

I would say you should include an ebay capsule every time. If I were reading a blog or a hub, I would much rather see an item for sale on ebay than an advertisement for a retirement planning service or a dog sitting business. Ebay appeals to a broader range of the population. I would say that if the hub is completely unrelated, then the best thing you can do is advertise a variety of items which have low starting bids.

working